Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Should Overeem be cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Browne said he had been training it due to Overeems style of dropping his hands
    Doesnt matter if he was training it really it was still a toe kick. If he had been training his jab I wouldnt expect him to knock overeem out with a jab. When u look at the shots browne got hit with and then look at the finish its no contest looks like either a weak chin or a weak heart imo

Overeem has always been chinny. Have a look at his stats.

His 4 losses in Kickboxing (3 by KO)
    His 13 losses in MMA (8 by KO)

He's just usually pretty good at not getting hit, recently, not so great.

Overeem is simply overatted imho.

Big lad who if he catches you can KO you but the roids and hype have carried him further than talent. Not arsed if the UFC cut him as he is not title holder material and is proving it since the move over..

Imagine he will get one more fight then get binned, can see him getting paid a fair chunk and if he flops again they won't keep him around, wouldn't even be shocked if they let him go now, let Bellator pick up the bill, he will do well in a lower tier org and then Dana can say he couldnt cut it with us but can there...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Did Overeem come in on the limit? No doubt his scary number of KO losses play a big part,just wondering if he was cutting a lot too. Plus that Teep to the chin does its job if it's accurate, proper brain rattler.

am i the only one who thought reem looked good in that fight, and really did nearly have it stopped 3 or 4 times before getting caught. it was lazy and poor disciplined for him, which i think was his downfall last time out as well. but still think hes a dangerous fighter who'd give most of the top 10 a test.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    am i the only one who thought reem looked good in that fight, and really did nearly have it stopped 3 or 4 times before getting caught. it was lazy and poor disciplined for him, which i think was his downfall last time out as well. but still think hes a dangerous fighter who'd give most of the top 10 a test.
    This, reminded me of Carwin against Brock
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

whoa, he's been stopped by (t)KO 11 times? 11!!!

that is a lot. I'd recommend some scans and months, months away from contact before considering a return. 11. 11? dear lord.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

apparently roids don't work on the chin!!
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT