Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rough loss for Nathan Cleverly

Hybrid View

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default rough loss for Nathan Cleverly

Heard about it this morning. Sounds like he was knocked down twice in the third - was still rocked to fuck at the beginning of the fourth and got bashed.

This Krusher sounds like number one hard puncher. Even killed some guy I read this morning. 3 days after getting KO'd geezer died.

Hope Nathan ia all good and bounces back.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Not surprised he lost, the Russian fella is supposed to be the next big thing and he looked the business on Saturday! Cleverly is still a top fighter though and a good kid as well. He'll get a version of the title back in time and he still has plenty of improving as well.

Ruskie walked through Clev's punches and snotted him basically, didn't KO him but at the end of the third Ref looked like he ws going to stop it, grabbed Clev but bell rang and Ref pretty much passed him back to his corner..

Clev is a decent fighter but lacks that KO power I think, which at his weight can be a problem to be fair, the Ruskie swings hard and looks a decent prospect himself. Clev reminds me of Calzaghe in that he has some decent technical skills but isn't the hardest hitter, just Joe was a class above and could get away with lacking the killshot as he could outbox heavy handed fighters, not writing Clev off yet but be interesting to see how he copes with the loss - noticed he has even mentioned retiring already, maybe he said that spur of the moment, maybe his heart isn't in it, he is a clever lad, sure he will do whats best for him...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

There's definately similarities with clev and calzaghe, but that's to be expected really. What joes had though is some of the fastest hands I've ever seen for a guy his size and a granit chin. Clev fought the wrong fight but he may have still been outgunned even if he did try to utilise his footwork and speed. Guys like him a bellew are top guys in the division, no doubt, it's just this fella was a class above the rest from what I saw

I hope Clev sticks around and learns from this loss, think this may even be only his first or second year as a full pro after finishing uni, be good to see how he develops with more time on his hands to train etc, just needs to get back on the horse and go for it, not sure if he has found his level or if there is more to come, I hope there is more to come from him...

Bellew is fighting for a version of the title soon in a fight he could definately win. Would love to see clev rematch him for the title if it happens! Got a feeling though that bellew won't be so happy for the rematch if he's the one with it all to loose

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

All this talk of Joe C makes me want to watch his fight with left hook lacy ' he's got fuck all '
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    All this talk of Joe C makes me want to watch his fight with left hook lacy ' he's got fuck all '
    That was one of the best toolings of all time, that fight should be shown to all aspiring boxers as a guide on how to kick the shit out of an up and coming prospect and derail his career whilst making it look easier than jumping into a swimming pool to get wet.

Cleverly has potential but he needs to make some changes. He needs to change trainers because his dad is clueless and is not getting the most out of his potential and he needs to tell Frank Warren to stop putting him in with such poor opponents.

Cleverly was great the time he fought Murat and Bellew. To the poster above who said about the rematch: Bellew absolutely wants it. He wouldn't give a complete toss, if he held the title or not. He wants the fight and that has come out of Bellew's mouth. Boxing politics is preventing it from being made.

Isn't bellew fighting Stephenson for the title soon! I think he'll beat him so hopeful clev gets the 1st mandatory after all his calls for a rematch! 1st fight was great and bellew is fun to watch. Clev to win again if it happens