Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conor's knee

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default Conor's knee

I've not seen the fight. But from what I have read it sounds like he was battering Holloway standing up until he hurt his knee. Makes good sense to try and take it to the floor.

Fuck in hell though. Getting a take down at that level is no joke even if you are 100%. Can't imagine the pain of shooting full power on a good opponent with a dodgy knee.

How many did he hit? Were they decisive or did he have to spend a lot of time dragging him to the floor?

i hope it is not too bad that that he makes a strong recovery.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Jimmy, to be honest he seemed to get the takedowns fairly easily, all single legs IIRC.

Yeah, I thought his takedowns were awesome and had little struggle. The only struggle he had was passing guard, which was where he hurt his knee.

Cool that he got it to the floor fast. Oh shit. So how did he hurt the knee?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I think it was on the deck when he was in Holloway's halfguard.

Think he said in his interview that it was done when he was looking to pass guard in the second but holloway wad his leg wrapped in an awkward position.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Yeah, his TD looked pretty sharp single legs, plenty of good technique and movement

bit more info:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/conor-mcgre...lt-like-a-loss

nice to know that Dana is taking a close interest in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    I've not seen the fight. But from what I have read it sounds like he was battering Holloway standing up until he hurt his knee. Makes good sense to try and take it to the floor.

Fuck in hell though. Getting a take down at that level is no joke even if you are 100%. Can't imagine the pain of shooting full power on a good opponent with a dodgy knee.

How many did he hit? Were they decisive or did he have to spend a lot of time dragging him to the floor?

i hope it is not too bad that that he makes a strong recovery.
    it's a real shame he hurt his knee because his stand up in the first round was unbelievable. had to text a mate to get to a tv to see it, think he threw every type of strike known to man short of the krane. the reverse heel kicks were sick, spinning back kicks, front kicks, superman punches, the lot.

looked fantastic, then good ability to change tactics when the need arose. He got them quite easily too, at the end of the second and start of the 3rd and dominated on the ground getting mount a few times and landing some nasty g'n'p.

looks a real talent.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Ill tell you something if he continues the way he is going we will be talking contender status next year. Just hope they look after him as his attitude to the sport is spot on.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000