Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Praise indeed for Brad Pickett

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default Praise indeed for Brad Pickett

It netted him a $50,000 "Fight of the Night" bonus and a $50,000 "Submission of the Night" award, but McDonald was still a bit perplexed by Pickett's ability to fight through a truly staggering first-round onslaught of punches.

"I was really confused whether he had the toughest chin I had ever touched or whether I lost all my knockout power between camps," McDonald said after the fight. "More than anything, it was just realizing, 'I donít think I can put this guy away like I normally do. I touched him so many times. He's fallen like three times, and he keeps getting back up. I'm going to take the pace and power down a tiny bit and keep landing shots, keep touching him.'

"It's kind of draining when you hit someone like that and you get that huge rush of adrenaline three or four times in a fight."
    apart smashing or submitting everyone in 30 seconds, being tough and resilient is what i respect most about fighters. God bless Brad, what a machine.

in fact that isn't true. I respect toughness and willingness to continue through pain more than i respect winning.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...on-my-ko-power
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

Yea he is doing great out there.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Some fighters are too tough for their own good. Guys like Brad Pickett and Frankie Edgar are superhuman but I do worry what the impact of the punishment they've taken in their careers might do to them later in life.

yeah Brad is tough for sure, I think Brad, like Bisping, play the kind of "Gatekeeper" roles within the UFC where as they probably won't get near enough to the belt to get a shot but are legit guys to have in the rankings
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

It was an admirable show of warrior spirit but hopefully it's the last time he takes a beating like that.
    Fuck no-gi

I used to like McDonald till he came out with that gay shout about beating Englishmen in the post fight interview

Dude is nails but never want to see him get a beating like that again, was not comfortable viewing at all, hoped he would pull something out of the bag but knowing the result, would have been better if he had been stopped in the first, only good thing maybe is the lack of cuts so no scar tissue but those kind of blows to the head, maaaan that can't be good for remembering your shopping...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    yeah Brad is tough for sure, I think Brad, like Bisping, play the kind of "Gatekeeper" roles within the UFC where as they probably won't get near enough to the belt to get a shot but are legit guys to have in the rankings
    I'm not do sure gatekeeper is the right term as both of these guys are solid top ten fighters! They do share the same problem that they just can't quite beat the top guys. Pickett imo is the best British fighter in the roster simply because of his attitude to fighting. Love mike but he plays the game and is a point scorer! I'll miss brad when he's done (probably sooner rather than later with the punishment he takes) because he is, imo, a dying breed in this sport! There's a very good reason why Dana loves him

Did anyone else notice he kept losing his footing a lot when he fired back like the cage was slippy. Everytime he went to fire a power shot he seemed to lose his footing???? Guy is tough as they come thats a thing u cant teach

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    I used to like McDonald till he came out with that gay shout about beating Englishmen in the post fight interview
    yeah i agree! wtf was that shit had nothing to do with the fights

thats like a British fighter saying that to a german fighter about the war and shit.