Thread: Eubank Junior, Kid Galahad - up and comers .. thoughts?

Default Eubank Junior, Kid Galahad - up and comers .. thoughts?

Ok watched these two and I think they will be world class, thoughts?

Eubank gets far to much stick on facebook and twitter.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

I am big Nigel Benn fan, but credit where it due, son of eubank or not, he has got power, speed and mixes his combinations head/body up well and got a good style knows when to "box" and when to go for it - far too many boring boxers who are happy to stick behind the jab and outbox in fights to play safe nowadays (yes easier said than done I know but... ) - eubank junior knows when to put his foot down and crack on - fair play he fights very composes/calculated..

kid galahad gone a bit quiet for some reason hope he gets a move on - has looked very good so far.

Not a fan of his dad (will always love benn And the reason i took up the sport) and his son is an even bigger (unt! He is quick, good technical skills, flashy and fun to watch, but I can't wait to see him stuck on his arse! He's not the biggest puncher though that may be his style, he's always moving and on his toes rather than sitting on his punches. His defence is shite, and his reflexes won't get him out if trouble against better opposition. He's got potential but he either needs to work hard on his defence or have the same kind if durability as his old man

Kid Galahad is a good fighter! No power but you can get away with it at his weight. Looking forward to seeing him fight better guys, he's ready to move up a level imo.

The fighter I'm most excited about is Tyson furys cousin hughie! Long limbs like Tyson but much more mobile, technical and a goid amateur as well. He could be a deal star and is still only 18! Fact is though boxing is a difficult sport to call. You can have all the skills in the world but may not have natural punch resistance which all top fighters need, or have the heart for a war. We'll find this out when/if these guys reach world level

Watched a few Eubank Jr. fights hoping to see glimpses of the brilliance his dad showed on occasion. Didnt see it at all but I think he'll do just fine domestically.

Galahad's more likely to make waves. Much more exciting to watch.

Not heard of Fury's cousin, will definitely keep an eye out, good shout Jonny.

Eubanks JR is rubbish look at how many mistakes he makes.

He's well below Billy Joe Saunders, John Ryder and Anthony Oggogo.

They may not be British but two prospects worth keeping an eye on are making their debuts on the undercard of the Timothy Bradley VS Juan Manuel Marquez fight on 12/10/13.

First one is Vasyl Lomachenko, who is a 25 year old Ukrainian featherweight & a 2 time Olympic gold medal winner, winning his medals in two different weightclasses, with an amateur record of 396-1. Lomchenko is making his debut over 10 rounds against Jose Ramirez who has a record of 25-3 & will be a really good test of how good he is going to be. There is every chance he could be fighting top 10 ranked fighters within 10 or so fights he is that good.

Second one is Oleksandr Usyk, a 26 year old Ukrainian heavyweight / cruiserweight & a Olympic gold medal winner.

I think eastern european fighters will be the dominant force in boxing over the next few years, especially in the larger weights . It can be argued that they are already taking over from the septics now with the likes of the Klits, Adamek, Lebedev, Shumenov, Golovkin etc. Alot of these great amatuers are stepping up and showing they can do the same in the pro ranks