Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: Matt Brown on a roll!!! he deserve a title shot?

  1. #21
    settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London Town
    Posts
    9,408

    Default

    Looking forward to find out who he is gonna be matched with next
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

  2. #22
    Senior Member Babycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    To many trolls
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moogie101 View Post
    I think a lot of people are getting carried away with how good Matt Brown actually is.
    He's on a good run granted, but it wasn't that long ago his streak was of losing fights. Pyle's a good name & that was impressive, the rest of his run isn't as stellar. Condit imo would pick him apart standing. He's stood with either guys who could bang like Hardy & Hendricks, can't see him being scared of Matt. Plus, as I said, if he gets in trouble he's light years ahead of Brown on the ground so always got that.

    However a lot of this comes down to what people class as "running away". Against Diaz I thought Condit did a great job of striking & movement to throw Nick off his game. To others he was just back pedalling. Each to their own I suppose.
    I fully agree Condit deserves all the respect in the world and performed a master class against Diaz suppose I worded it wrong as per usual lol.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bury St Edmunds
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    I fully agree Condit deserves all the respect in the world and performed a master class against Diaz suppose I worded it wrong as per usual lol.
    It's all good, I wasn't having a go mate.
    If I recall I was exactly the same telling everyone how Jake Shields was going to roll right through GSP!!!

  4. #24
    Senior Member partridge3834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    liverpool england
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Browns very good but that div' has about 2 teirs of fighters before you get to the title challenger(s) and Champion. Gsp,Hendricks,Condit and co- then the Ellenbergers,Marquardts-then u got Koscheck,Shields,Thiago Alves' etc. Some decent wins with Swick and Pyle,but imo needs to get a step up,and all the title talk just seems to be the done thing atm to make sure people keep talking,like now.
    Browns on a good run,but still some work to do in a div' of killers

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moogie101 View Post
    I think a lot of people are getting carried away with how good Matt Brown actually is.
    He's on a good run granted, but it wasn't that long ago his streak was of losing fights. Pyle's a good name & that was impressive, the rest of his run isn't as stellar. Condit imo would pick him apart standing. He's stood with either guys who could bang like Hardy & Hendricks, can't see him being scared of Matt. Plus, as I said, if he gets in trouble he's light years ahead of Brown on the ground so always got that.

    However a lot of this comes down to what people class as "running away". Against Diaz I thought Condit did a great job of striking & movement to throw Nick off his game. To others he was just back pedalling. Each to their own I suppose.
    agree with all of that.

    personally i think anyone who says condit runs away has zero appreciation or knowledge of kickboxing technique and well worked game plans. i loved watching condits movement against diaz, its an artform in itself. he beat diaz up, he didn't run.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Good fighter that he is (and great to watch) I can See him being a gate keeper for guys stepping up to the top of the division. I'd give him very little chance against the likes if ellenburger, condit, Rory, Hendricks etc but be has certainly earned the right to fight the top guys. I'd like go see him go in against either Diaz or silva, would be great fights

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    agree with all of that.

    personally i think anyone who says condit runs away has zero appreciation or knowledge of kickboxing technique and well worked game plans. i loved watching condits movement against diaz, its an artform in itself. he beat diaz up, he didn't run.
    We're in the minority I think mate as I also appreciate how well he fought against Diaz. Any man in the division that stands toe to toe with nick gets beat. One of the most difficult skills to learn as a kickboxer is to fight on the back foot especially when your opponent is walking you down for 15 mins, and its physically draining. I suppose its far easier to do in a large cage rather than ring! I'm still astonished that fans call that fight for Diaz. Condit did what cerrone should've (or couldn't) do against Nate

  8. #28
    settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London Town
    Posts
    9,408

    Default

    hello again. ttt does matt deserve fuckin title shot now?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

  9. #29
    Senior Member Babycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    To many trolls
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    hello again. ttt does matt deserve fuckin title shot now?
    Nope not at all.

    http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Matt-Brown

    What has he done to deserve a shot apart from beat tough guys outside the top 10.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

  10. #30
    settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London Town
    Posts
    9,408

    Default

    one more fight and he deserves title shot
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.