Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Brown on a roll!!! he deserve a title shot?

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Looking forward to find out who he is gonna be matched with next
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by moogie101 View Post
    I think a lot of people are getting carried away with how good Matt Brown actually is.
    He's on a good run granted, but it wasn't that long ago his streak was of losing fights. Pyle's a good name & that was impressive, the rest of his run isn't as stellar. Condit imo would pick him apart standing. He's stood with either guys who could bang like Hardy & Hendricks, can't see him being scared of Matt. Plus, as I said, if he gets in trouble he's light years ahead of Brown on the ground so always got that.

However a lot of this comes down to what people class as "running away". Against Diaz I thought Condit did a great job of striking & movement to throw Nick off his game. To others he was just back pedalling. Each to their own I suppose.
    I fully agree Condit deserves all the respect in the world and performed a master class against Diaz suppose I worded it wrong as per usual lol.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    I fully agree Condit deserves all the respect in the world and performed a master class against Diaz suppose I worded it wrong as per usual lol.
    It's all good, I wasn't having a go mate.
    If I recall I was exactly the same telling everyone how Jake Shields was going to roll right through GSP!!!

Browns very good but that div' has about 2 teirs of fighters before you get to the title challenger(s) and Champion. Gsp,Hendricks,Condit and co- then the Ellenbergers,Marquardts-then u got Koscheck,Shields,Thiago Alves' etc. Some decent wins with Swick and Pyle,but imo needs to get a step up,and all the title talk just seems to be the done thing atm to make sure people keep talking,like now.
    Browns on a good run,but still some work to do in a div' of killers

Quote Originally Posted by moogie101 View Post
    I think a lot of people are getting carried away with how good Matt Brown actually is.
    He's on a good run granted, but it wasn't that long ago his streak was of losing fights. Pyle's a good name & that was impressive, the rest of his run isn't as stellar. Condit imo would pick him apart standing. He's stood with either guys who could bang like Hardy & Hendricks, can't see him being scared of Matt. Plus, as I said, if he gets in trouble he's light years ahead of Brown on the ground so always got that.

However a lot of this comes down to what people class as "running away". Against Diaz I thought Condit did a great job of striking & movement to throw Nick off his game. To others he was just back pedalling. Each to their own I suppose.
    agree with all of that.

personally i think anyone who says condit runs away has zero appreciation or knowledge of kickboxing technique and well worked game plans. i loved watching condits movement against diaz, its an artform in itself. he beat diaz up, he didn't run.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Good fighter that he is (and great to watch) I can See him being a gate keeper for guys stepping up to the top of the division. I'd give him very little chance against the likes if ellenburger, condit, Rory, Hendricks etc but be has certainly earned the right to fight the top guys. I'd like go see him go in against either Diaz or silva, would be great fights

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    agree with all of that.

personally i think anyone who says condit runs away has zero appreciation or knowledge of kickboxing technique and well worked game plans. i loved watching condits movement against diaz, its an artform in itself. he beat diaz up, he didn't run.
    We're in the minority I think mate as I also appreciate how well he fought against Diaz. Any man in the division that stands toe to toe with nick gets beat. One of the most difficult skills to learn as a kickboxer is to fight on the back foot especially when your opponent is walking you down for 15 mins, and its physically draining. I suppose its far easier to do in a large cage rather than ring! I'm still astonished that fans call that fight for Diaz. Condit did what cerrone should've (or couldn't) do against Nate

hello again. ttt does matt deserve fuckin title shot now?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    hello again. ttt does matt deserve fuckin title shot now?
    Nope not at all.

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Matt-Brown

What has he done to deserve a shot apart from beat tough guys outside the top 10.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

one more fight and he deserves title shot