Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Brown on a roll!!! he deserve a title shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Nope not at all.

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Matt-Brown

What has he done to deserve a shot apart from beat tough guys outside the top 10.
    Longest active streak in the UFC WW division on 7 wins?

85% Finishing Ratio in that time?

Probably more important than that whole thing now, though, is he's got a narrative.

You honestly telling me that everyone who gets a title shot has to have beaten the top guys in decisive fashion? What about Lesnar or Sonnen or Glover or Mendes or Hardy?

The dude's got a killer narrative, he's always in exciting fights and now GSP isn't in the division the whole ww picture is more open that it's ever been. Probably the only thing that'll get in his way is the fact that welterweight has historically always been a very strong division.

He'll likely have to fight a Tyron Woodley, Rory MacDonald, Jake Ellenberger, Hector Lombard, Carlos Condit, Robbie Lawler or someone of that nature but if you're honestly saying that he's done nothing to earn one, you really don't get how this game works do you?
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

haha killer finishing line
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

ooof baby cakes put on blast

baby cakes you just don't know know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7WZZT7VTi0

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    Longest active streak in the UFC WW division on 7 wins?

85% Finishing Ratio in that time?

Probably more important than that whole thing now, though, is he's got a narrative.

You honestly telling me that everyone who gets a title shot has to have beaten the top guys in decisive fashion? What about Lesnar or Sonnen or Glover or Mendes or Hardy?

The dude's got a killer narrative, he's always in exciting fights and now GSP isn't in the division the whole ww picture is more open that it's ever been. Probably the only thing that'll get in his way is the fact that welterweight has historically always been a very strong division.

He'll likely have to fight a Tyron Woodley, Rory MacDonald, Jake Ellenberger, Hector Lombard, Carlos Condit, Robbie Lawler or someone of that nature but if you're honestly saying that he's done nothing to earn one, you really don't get how this game works do you?

Matt Brown will walk through most of the WW ranks.

But he's going to lose to Lawler, GSP, Condit, Woodley, Hendricks, Lombard, McDonald and probably Maia and Ellenberger.

He'd lose to both Diaz brothers if they ever decide to fight again.

Plus all the fighters you used as a example brought a shit load of $$$$ Hardy respectively held the keys to the UK market you are a top reporter surprised you missed that. x
    Last edited by Babycakes; 11-05-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Matt Brown will walk through most of the WW ranks.

But he's going to lose to Lawler, GSP, Condit, Woodley, Hendricks, Lombard, McDonald and probably Maia and Ellenberger.

He'd lose to both Diaz brothers if they ever decide to fight again.

Plus all the fighters you used as a example brought a shit load of $$$$ Hardy respectively held the keys to the UK market you are a top reporter surprised you missed that. x
    Ok, few things.

1) "you are a top reporter surprised you missed that" - No I'm not. Not since March last year. Also I think the term 'top' is quite overzealous. http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/...orking-up.html

2) "He'd lose to both Diaz brothers" - Hmmmm.....

3) All of those guys bought in money? - Chad Mendes bought in a load of money? That show did 235,000 buys. One of the lowest Zuffa buyrates since the takeover. Or Glover tbh.

Anyhow that's details.

I think more the point was the fact that you said he'd done nothing at all to deserve a title fight. That isn't true. Could you make a case for others getting a shot? Yeah but it's just spin 95% of the time and what makes sense. Matt Brown is probably the most exciting welterweight in the top 10 at the minute on the biggest streak with a very high percentage of finishes, that in itself is cause enough in the right set of circumstances.

You honestly tell me that, especially after the buzz of last night, Brown vs Hendricks does any drastically worse numbers than any of those other guys in the list?

But yeah, it's details.

Bottom line is it was an awesome fight and, although he probably wont get a shot, would everyone have the knives out if he did get one? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    Ok, few things.

1) "you are a top reporter surprised you missed that" - No I'm not. Not since March last year. Also I think the term 'top' is quite overzealous. http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/...orking-up.html

2) "He'd lose to both Diaz brothers" - Hmmmm.....

3) All of those guys bought in money? - Chad Mendes bought in a load of money? That show did 235,000 buys. One of the lowest Zuffa buyrates since the takeover. Or Glover tbh.

Anyhow that's details.

I think more the point was the fact that you said he'd done nothing at all to deserve a title fight. That isn't true. Could you make a case for others getting a shot? Yeah but it's just spin 95% of the time and what makes sense. Matt Brown is probably the most exciting welterweight in the top 10 at the minute on the biggest streak with a very high percentage of finishes, that in itself is cause enough in the right set of circumstances.

You honestly tell me that, especially after the buzz of last night, Brown vs Hendricks does any drastically worse numbers than any of those other guys in the list?

But yeah, it's details.

Bottom line is it was an awesome fight and, although he probably wont get a shot, would everyone have the knives out if he did get one? I doubt it.
    Fair enough well in my eyes you are a top reporter so ill leave it there as I respect you Man.

Fair enough well in my eyes you are a top reporter so ill leave it there as I respect you Man.
    No drama, never any drama.
    Just a bit of healthy debate.
    Great night of fights overall.
    Glad I stayed up to watch it.

I love watching him fight. His pressure is crazy.

Very interested to see how he gets on against a top 10 guy. If he keeps going like this he could be a draw, With his style and weird personality.
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

Babycakes talking utter shit as usual I see, says one thing, backtracks, says another, licks some bum... plus the sun came up this morning so at least shit is normal.

Condit is a killer, his record speaks for itself, he schooled Diaz, spinning backfists, knee's and head kicks is not running away, he simply didn't act like a tit and stand in front of Diaz and bang.

As for Brown, fair play he steamed through Silva last night, thought the claims of fight of the year were a bit much as it was fair one sided (which in itself was impressive), Brown needs a top ten dude next, I think he is a good fighter but wouldn't be surprised to see him slip up against the top tier. Would be a great story if he could keep the run going though, he has looked better and better, always nice to see a fighter really improve and not just stagnate.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Babycakes talking utter shit as usual I see, says one thing, backtracks, says another, licks some bum... plus the sun came up this morning so at least shit is normal.

Condit is a killer, his record speaks for itself, he schooled Diaz, spinning backfists, knee's and head kicks is not running away, he simply didn't act like a tit and stand in front of Diaz and bang.

As for Brown, fair play he steamed through Silva last night, thought the claims of fight of the year were a bit much as it was fair one sided (which in itself was impressive), Brown needs a top ten dude next, I think he is a good fighter but wouldn't be surprised to see him slip up against the top tier. Would be a great story if he could keep the run going though, he has looked better and better, always nice to see a fighter really improve and not just stagnate.
    Happy to see you still care