Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Phil De Fries

Quote Originally Posted by frankieboy View Post
    Honest opinion guys neil wain takes it. Think phil a good fighter but Neil Grove and Neil Wain still both up there in uk heavy weights and dont think any of them would fear fighting defries.
    Hope a promotion puts the money up either fight would be a cracker. Id still fancy Phil for the win not because he is local but because I think he is the number one heavyweight in the country.

I know its asking a lot but is it a possibility for cage warriors on the December card? Buying a ticket regardless but that would really top it off for me that and the likes of Liam on the card.

Also he beat ROB BROUGHTON who beat Wain and was on a 5 fight win streak before his fight before Phil which was effectively his entry test. The guy who beat Rob was on a 10 fight win streak so losing to Travis was no shame or proof he was on the slide. Phil vs Rob was effectively his entry test in to the UFC and he passed that Rob had also beaten Oli Thomson who everyone was raving about at the time so to say he never earned his shot is very harsh and I dont think he should take any notice to be fair. I honestly would not be shocked if you see Phil knocking on the door again with serious claims to warrant a second chance.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 02-09-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Some1 make a match with a decent purse and I'm there to fight any1

Quote Originally Posted by neville barthos View Post
    Some1 make a match with a decent purse and I'm there to fight any1
    I always wonder what ex UFC fighters class as a 'decent' purse...
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

First time fighter in the UFC earns on average 3800 give or take a few quid for their first fight.

I've heard ex UFC fighters making as little as 500 but top domestic guys wanting at least 1000. Depends on the show, the place and potential to earn (tickets etc) and the agreement.

I've also heard of none UFC fighters getting 4 figures/ridiculous sums when they're not worth it. No names or amounts being disclosed sorry.