Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Genuine UFC potential young english talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Trueman View Post
    Young English talent Leon...
    I am young Dean.lol
    Pro 2-0,Semi-Pro 3-1,Am 6-1-1 Height 5ft 10 Weight 70kg

What is regarded as young? As in Football young is between say 15 and 21. but in mma iv always thought anyone under 30 is young and under 21 are special. lol
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Lol young at heart mate?

Ok how old are you as trying to get to the bottom of what is young in mma lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    I fail to see your point. As far as i'm aware Walter has never been part of any TUF. MY observation comes off what i saw tonight as it was the first time i have witnessed him live. He looked outstanding and there is not just me who thinks so. The likes of Pauil Daley have went on record as saying Gahadza is the real deal.
    I wasn't talking about Walter Gahadza or having a pop at your belief about him, the fact I replied to you talking about him didn't help, my bad!! I was just talking in general. There's loads of really dedicated, talented and tough guys taking part in MMA but the same is the case all over the world. I was just making the point that we tend to get excited about a certain guy over here, for them to fall short either just before they get to the UFC or if they make it they struggle. Reading that back that sounds quite negative, which isn't my aim, we're not in a bad place in terms of talent. I just think it's harder than people think it is to actually crack the big time in the UFC. I'm probably the worlds worst for getting a tad over excited with some of the Brits when they get to the UFC. I actually thought Che Mills might beat Rory MacDonald!!

Walter Gahadza looks a bit like Jimi Manuwa, hope he's just as good. I'll have to look him up, haven't come across him before.
    Last edited by Matty H; 25-08-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty H View Post
    I wasn't talking about Walter Gahadza or having a pop at your belief about him, the fact I replied to you talking about him didn't help, my bad!! I was just talking in general. There's loads of really dedicated, talented and tough guys taking part in MMA but the same is the case all over the world. I was just making the point that we tend to get excited about a certain guy over here, for them to fall short either just before they get to the UFC or if they make it they struggle. Reading that back that sounds quite negative, which isn't my aim, we're not in a bad place in terms of talent. I just think it's harder than people think it is to actually crack the big time in the UFC. I'm probably the worlds worst for getting a tad over excited with some of the Brits when they get to the UFC. I actually thought Che Mills might beat Rory MacDonald!!

Walter Gahadza looks a bit like Jimi Manuwa, hope he's just as good. I'll have to look him up, haven't come across him before.
    Ah cool no bother. I got a bit confused when replied to me lol.

I agree with you on the point you just made however. I'm one of the worst for over-matching fighters from here in near enough every "what's next?" type threads.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Nathan Whos got the middleweight belt at total combat?
    Last edited by Babycakes; 25-08-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    No they have the best bjj practitioners coupled with excellent Kickboxers! We don't have the level of bbj that they either but would hope that British fighters use these 2 as a base rather than wrestling! It's far more exciting and we will never keep up with the septics in regards to wrestling as it is engrained in their educational curriculum!
    Yeah so not one of them last in the UFC, when will people wake the fuck up, you need excellent wrestling or you'll never sniff a ufc title. Being a bjj/kickboxer doesn't work anymore, they just get taken down and grapple fucked for 15-25mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbdaz View Post
    Yeah so not one of them last in the UFC, when will people wake the fuck up, you need excellent wrestling or you'll never sniff a ufc title. Being a bjj/kickboxer doesn't work anymore, they just get taken down and grapple fucked for 15-25mins.
    ? So what, you're saying brazillian fighters are shite or that you can only be successful in the ufc with a wrestling base? I'll wake the fuck up as long as you stop spouting shite!

Quote Originally Posted by Gbdaz View Post
    Ross pearson aint doing too bad and Phil de fries is in the top 3 best grapplers iv ever met so stand up counts for a awful lot too. Your stand up is way better then mine Phil no disrespect I love you and have seen most of your uk fights live well the old show ones anyway. x
    Last edited by Babycakes; 25-08-2013 at 04:16 PM.