Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dangerous Davey Grant and Mike Wooten at TUF 18

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    Davey is a beast! IMHO one of the most underrated fighters in the UK.

Can't wait to see him on TUF 18 like. Will be great viewing he's funny as fuck.

Saw this on Facebook earlier too. On the posters that they have dotted around Vegas promoting it. (Third guy from the left.)

Yea I want him to win too if it was my heart id say Davey but head says Hill. I want all British Ireland lands and lasses to do great just reading about this Hill guy its hard not to take him as a serious threat.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 30-08-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

I'm rooting for Davey. Sure his ground game will be enough for anybody there.

Good luck ta Davy great lad hope he does well
    section 18
    Paul DeathWish Hartley
    3 and 4 pro flyweght

Both guys will do well IMO, an by the looks of it they on opposite teams an could face eachother

Wooten will win this for sure

I was out in Vegas helping Spencer Hewitt in the try outs. Davey was on form wearing a Gerry Halliwell Union Jack dress with ginger wig. While we all waited around, one interviewer came over and had to speak with Davey about 'why was he dressed like Gerry?' His quick wit confused the interviewer which was funny for the resr of us.
    To give you an insight into the tryouts, its probably best to send in your CV to see how many fights you have won (regardless of who you have fought) how old you are.
    Some will know Spencer some will not but his grappling round of 2 mins he totally dominated his opponent who was just surviving. We made it through to round 2 - padwork. As his Thai pad mad we worked perfectly even to the point where Diego Bandao shook our hands after we finished and said 'you smashed that, you're definitely through. However we didn't have our name called for round 3 the interview!
    Believe me when I say this. There were guys in there that got tapped out 3-4 times in 2 mins, were very poor on the pads but had records of 5-0 and were early 20s.
    When we spoke with Joe Silva to ask why? He said 'the weight category is stacked and in the end we had to look at win records and age'
    Yea Spencer is in his 30s, but he's got 10 wins and only 5 losses.
    I wish all the UK and Ireland guys all the best in the house, but the way in which the UFC selects is boll*cks. One guy who was Mr California got smashed in grappling, had his gf holding pads for him and which was crap and he got through???
    Anyway, cant wait til it starts as there were some pretty hots girls there hahaha.
    Thanks Jez Lord
    Head Muay Thai Instructor at Semtex Gym Essex.
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Purple Belt (2010) Braulio Estima/Gracie Barra Essex
    Muay Thai Instructor MMA Terror Squad

Quote Originally Posted by bweb View Post
    one interviewer came over and had to speak with Davey about 'why was he dressed like Gerry?' His quick wit confused the interviewer which was funny for the resr of us.
    Would that be the bit that was show on video of the try outs where he says he thought if he dressed up like that he could try out for the men and women divisions lol.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Haha...I've not seen the video, but it sounds about right! Was he sat down at a table?

Quote Originally Posted by bweb View Post
    Haha...I've not seen the video, but it sounds about right! Was he sat down at a table?
    It's about 40 seconds into this

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...out-for-tuf-18
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

There was another interview he did while sat at our table. I remember him telling us about what he said in the line up.
    On that video the guy doing the flashy kicks capoeria style was doing somersaults warming up as well. When we went in the try out room, he sat behind me and Spencer. During the grappling round he was literally commentating on what everyone should be doing while they were grappling. Then it was his turn.....he was put to sleep in about 30 seconds....shouldn't laugh, but i did