Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW's champ Jim Alers still after Conor McGregor

Post CW's champ Jim Alers still after Conor McGregor

An interview from a few days back with CW's featherweight champ Jim Alers about his first title defence in a couple of weeks, but he also talks about Dana White's new best mate Conor McGregor and still after settling that score.
    When asked about potential future matchups he’d like Alers still has his sights set on a certain ‘Notorious’ Irishman that once held the same belt, and is currently taking the UFC by storm. “I think everyone knows that I would love to put everyone’s thoughts to rest and beat Conor McGregor. I know that I have what it takes to take him down and submit him”
    Rest of the article has him talking about winning the belt and then what he thinks about the fight in Cardiff coming up.

If he wins this fight does anyone think UFC might pick him up, think he's 10-1 atm with all 10 wins by stoppage. Even though he's got a past with McGregor UFC would probably ignore that I'd think. Opinions ?

Source:
    http://splitdecisionmmauk.com/2013/0...m-alers-champ/

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Jim would get minced up against McGregor.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Well he came through last night and showed he had it in him to dig deep and win by decision for a change, so what do people think is next for Alers ? UFC ? Or is it too early for that, maybe another title defence ? Who against ?

You can't argue its too early because he's in the same position as McGregor was. Guess we'll have to wait to find out.

He had a few opportunities to fight Conor he pulled out of at least 2, IMO Conor would finish Jim pretty easily

Conor is a world wide star now cant see it happening until at least he loses in the ufc
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Razler View Post
    He had a few opportunities to fight Conor he pulled out of at least 2, IMO Conor would finish Jim pretty easily
    They were due to fight twice. The first time Conor got injured and withdrew; the second time Jim pulled out because of an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    They were due to fight twice. The first time Conor got injured and withdrew; the second time Jim pulled out because of an injury.
    Thanks for the info Paul, I thought it was Jim that pulled out of both fights.

Ronnie man should fight him be he'll of fight and I think he will take the belt off him
    MMA - Dogs of War, Penarth, Sam John.
    Muay Thai - Eagles Cardiff, Lee Power
    Brazilian Jujitsu - Gracie Barra Swansea, Chris Rees
    Boxing/Conditioning - Fight Academy Wales, Darren Wilson

Sponsored
    ]

http://www.onestopboxingshop.com/

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by denzil View Post
    Ronnie man should fight him be he'll of fight and I think he will take the belt off him
    Ronnie is a bantamweight.