Thread: Ftbottsaywcttwgtbtnbtbuftlutth/e ?

Default Ftbottsaywcttwgtbtnbtbuftlutth/e ?

As the abbreviated title says :

Fighters that burst on to the scene and you were convinced that they were going to be the next big thing but ultimately failed to live up to the hype/expectation ?
    For me, Brandon Vera, I watched the Scherner, Eilers, Silva & Mir bouts back in the day and was convinced he was a world beater but has been rudderless ever since (despite a couple of wins)
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Vera fooled me not once, but twice! Convinced he would do big things in the hws, and even more so when he moved down to lhw. If only he could make mw; I'm sure he'd be the next big thing 3rd time round!

Also thought roger Huerta would have had a more successful career

awesome shout on Huerta, until I Wiki'd him I presumed he was still doing the acting thang
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

I won't be popular for saying this (especially in light of the recent discoveries about his health), but Dan Hardy never really lived up to everyone's expectations (including mine) that he would be the great British hope for success in the UFC.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Tyson Griffen

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    I won't be popular for saying this (especially in light of the recent discoveries about his health), but Dan Hardy never really lived up to everyone's expectations (including mine) that he would be the great British hope for success in the UFC.
    I think its a over estimation that he was the great British hope. Dont get me wrong he is a quality fighter and did the country proud but they threw him at GSP far too early and that is where things started to go down hill in my opinion. I never rated him higher then the likes of Daily and Pearson and always had Bisping at a tad higher level. As said great fighter great heart cant knock the guy just never rated him as the best of British. Just to clarify I had him on par with Paul and Ross not below. Id like to wish him every success in the world at whatever he decides to do.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 02-09-2013 at 10:29 AM.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

I never felt that hope. I was just happy to see him hit the big league.

For me it would have to be Roger Huerta. He was a beast in his early UFC fights.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

He fought for the belt, that's a great achievement

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    He fought for the belt, that's a great achievement
    That's what I meant by being a great hope. If I recall correctly there were some who thought - albeit that he got the shot too early - that he had a real chance of getting the actual title at some point
    Last edited by Shaolin Exile; 03-09-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with