Thread: Mark Godbeer vs Cheick Kongo

Default Mark Godbeer vs Cheick Kongo

Hi guys,
    Just wanted to flag this up as I was chatting to Mark today and he's facing a tough test in two weeks time as he's facing Cheick Kongo on the Bellator show on September 27 in Portland.
    For those who don't know much about him, Mark's been off for nearly 18 months for a back injury that needed surgery so to take this as his first fight back with just a five-week camp is a real display of courage and I think he deserves the support of everyone in the British MMA commnunity.
    He's under no illusions about the scale of the challenge but is determined to go out there and make a statement. I know he's massively grateful to coach Paul Sutherland and the rest of the Trojans team for the help they've been giving him in preparation.
    Mark flies a bit under the radar as he's a Somerset guy rather than coming from a 'hotbed' like London or Liverpool, but he's a great guy who deserves recognition so hope this puts him on the map for all the right reasons.

Crazy that he has accepted such a tough fight after such a long time off and with a short camp. Fair play to him.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyPerry View Post
    Crazy that he has accepted such a tough fight after such a long time off and with a short camp. Fair play to him.
    He sees it as a big opportunity.
    he has a very decent chance, even with the time off.
    I think it will be a godbeer win, and most likely fight of the night