Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UK MMA Rankings Update - August 2013

Nice... He didn't get enough of your elbows last time out. Which show is that at Elland Road?

Also, two further things...

1. A fecking Leeds fan? *shakes head*
    2. Care to shed some light on the 'it might be a long while before'

Thanks man.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Rankings are always hard to do but as last month inactive fighters really aren't being punished enough and i see lots of fighters who i know are fighting in a different weight class next time round holding spots in their original division.

I do think these rankings need to be fine tuned a little because fighters are holding them as gospel and turning down fights with other people because of it.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Dragan Pesic at LW, October 11th in the main event at Elland Road. I'm a Leeds fan, so couldn't turn down the opportunity. Might be the last time for a long while I get a home fight too. He also called me out after he won his last fight so the promoter wanted to put it together and made me an offer I couldn't refuse
    wow fighting a real life dragon, epic. hope you are writing a detailed diary for later release as memoirs

good luck man, main event at Elland Road, must be amazing.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    Rankings are always hard to do but as last month inactive fighters really aren't being punished enough and i see lots of fighters who i know are fighting in a different weight class next time round holding spots in their original division.

I do think these rankings need to be fine tuned a little because fighters are holding them as gospel and turning down fights with other people because of it.
    There's nothing we can do as the 'rankings guys' to determine how fighters will use them, or translate them into what fights they will or won't take. That's down to them, but I agree they're not without fault, and we're constantly refining etc.

If you're fighting in a division the next time around, for example Brad Scott going to middleweight in the UFC, until he's fought there he's a welterweight. And he's obviously expressed it's a permanent move so we'll see him move up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Nice... He didn't get enough of your elbows last time out. Which show is that at Elland Road?

Also, two further things...

1. A fecking Leeds fan? *shakes head*
    2. Care to shed some light on the 'it might be a long while before'
    Evidently not, he wants more! It's Caged Fighters mate.

Leeds and proud, and basically there aren't any local shows big enough/with the right opposition. I've got my eyes set internationally all being well. Nothing more than that really

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    wow fighting a real life dragon, epic. hope you are writing a detailed diary for later release as memoirs

good luck man, main event at Elland Road, must be amazing.
    Can't wait - family full of lifelong LUFC season ticket holders as well as loads of my pals. Gonna be a good feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    There's nothing we can do as the 'rankings guys' to determine how fighters will use them, or translate them into what fights they will or won't take. That's down to them, but I agree they're not without fault, and we're constantly refining etc.

If you're fighting in a division the next time around, for example Brad Scott going to middleweight in the UFC, until he's fought there he's a welterweight. And he's obviously expressed it's a permanent move so we'll see him move up there.
    If somebody beat a heavyweight in the top 20 and there record was really small with no losses would that get them in top 20? as middle and lower is stacked. Am talking about from rank 20 to say 15. I couldn't make hw so not aimed at me far too small to even consider it. Just really interested as to what it takes for a hw to get ranked.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 05-09-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    If somebody beat a heavyweight in the top 20 and there record was really small with no losses would that get them in top 20? as middle and lower is stacked. Am talking about from rank 20 to say 15. I couldn't make hw so not aimed at me far too small to even consider it.
    Look at James Mulheron, 3-0 and ranked 10. I would suggest it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Look at James Mulheron, 3-0 and ranked 10. I would suggest it is possible.
    Yea mate but have you seen him lol that guys going places. He is a tank Im talking about your average joe beating a top 20.

It's not always as black and white but basically, if you beat the guy in front of you, chances are you're going to appear higher than them.