Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UK MMA Rankings Update - August 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    It's not always as black and white but basically, if you beat the guy in front of you, chances are you're going to appear higher than them.
    Cheers for clearing that up mate. Sounds a really fair way to do it to be honest.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Will the current tuf series determine rankings? I'm sure when the smashes was on Newman and Brendan got ranked through it and there is 3 of the uk Irish guys in there

Did 3 make it through. I only Saw Grant and Wooten?
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

^ Laura Howarth

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    ^ Laura Howarth
    She didn't make it
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Oh wait I read that wrong. I thought he meant to fight offs to which she did. You're correct though, she didn't get into the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Will the current tuf series determine rankings? I'm sure when the smashes was on Newman and Brendan got ranked through it and there is 3 of the uk Irish guys in there
    Yeah, we use the TUF fights for rankings. They're only technically 'exhibitions' so the UFC don't have to declare them to commissions and therefore they can keep them secret. They're definitely still pro MMA fights though, full unified rules against tough competition usually. It would be very harsh not to reward them.

Can see Davey being a solid top 5 after this season. Not only dominated one of the early favourites in Martinez but stopped him too. First person ever to do so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    Can see Davey being a solid top 5 after this season. Not only dominated one of the early favourites in Martinez but stopped him too. First person ever to do so too.
    He looked unreal in that fight, gotta hand it to him. And Martinez was 18-4, big scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    He looked unreal in that fight, gotta hand it to him. And Martinez was 18-4, big scalp.
    True dat! He was the first person ever to stop Martinez too and he's fought the likes of Benavidez, Formiga and Hominick.