Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overeem vs Mir UFC 167!!

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

haha pulling guard sounds like the right option in my head but if he did it, no matter how good he is off his back, he's in punching position with Overeem on top of him. yikes. imagine taking just a couple of bodyshots in your guard. nightmare, think i'd probably start crying to be honest.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I think this fight borders on being wrong in my head, all i can see is mir getting horribly knocked out, it's just a matter of how long he'll survive before getting really hurt.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Said a while back this fight needs to be made.its perfect or them both
    Twitter @ricbrad

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    check out Mir's record, interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Mir

losing to dos santos, dan cormier and barnett is no disgrace but his glory days seem to have past him by.
    I think Franks problem in recent years is that the HWs are now far more athletic than they used to be, and bigger. If anything he's a far better fighter than when he was UFC champion, his boxing has improved 10 fold. I werent many HWs a few years back that could have done what Barnett, carwin and lesner did. I think he's a great fighter but without top notch wrestling I think he's to small against new breed of HW. I'm not even interested in this fight, it'll only end one way imo. As someone said earlier in the thread, this is a gimme fight for Overeem

The last two fights were meant to be 'gimme' fights for Reem.

Terrible match up for Mir.

Mir isn't mentally strong enough and doesn't have the chin to hold up to Overeems initial charge.

Previous fights by Overeem are not really relevant here, if anything the fact he was dominating both early on proves my point even more so... If anyone thinks Mir can take the beating/pressure Big Foot and Browne did they are most certainly either delusional or badly mistaken!

As for Mir getting Overeem down, last time I checked Mir had some of the worse wrestling in the HW division and Lesnar couldn't get Overeem down?

This may wrongly be a close fight on the betting lines, if it is I'll be going massive on Overeem.
    Last edited by hairymachine; 06-09-2013 at 02:52 PM.

good post ^
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Who is a good match up for Frank Mir? Can't remember him performing well in a fight for at least 3 years.

Overeem by TKO inside 2-3 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Antsingo View Post
    Who is a good match up for Frank Mir? Can't remember him performing well in a fight for at least 3 years.
    joey beltran