Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Story's of using training outside the gym

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Ended up biting myself just to show the police so it looked better as I had no marks on me but this guy was screaming he tried to kill me as he was been cuffed.
    haha biting yourself, what your like lol.

i wouldnt have bothered. just because he was marked up and you werent doesnt mean it wasnt self defence. you can hit him first, then again and again and again and he never lay a finger on you and it can still be self defence if you claim you felt you was in danger and he just kept coming at you and wouldnt stop. as long as you dont mount him and elbow smash him in the face a dozen times though

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    A lot of TJJ schools are utter shit though, but if they train realistically with sparring then yeah, could be good. Judo is good, although the instinct from training to hit a big throw could go wrong. Same with wrestling. Clinch/trip takedowns are safer than high-amplitude throws so trained right defo good option. But BJJ teaches far more options for controlling someone while tying up their limbs, so I think it's the best option in this respect, but others will defo work.

For anyone who wants to be able to stop a fight as quickly as possible (without striking), I'd say judo is the best. Hit an ippon throw on someone onto concrete and the fight is most likely over. I know a very good judo guy and he's told me some of his street fight stories... brutal.
    an old friend and training partner used to be number 2 in judo in australia. on a night out once we got in an altercation with a large group, the biggest of the group - about 100kgs - offering said friend out, all 5ft 3 and 60kgs of him. my mate instantly picked him up above head level and dropped him vertically on his head. it wasn't pretty. me and him have had a few near-moments, as you do sometimes with mates when drink is involved, and a few times it's resulted in me being swept or launched over his shoulder.
    Great skill to have in a street fight.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    an old friend and training partner used to be number 2 in judo in australia. on a night out once we got in an altercation with a large group, the biggest of the group - about 100kgs - offering said friend out, all 5ft 3 and 60kgs of him. my mate instantly picked him up above head level and dropped him vertically on his head. it wasn't pretty. me and him have had a few near-moments, as you do sometimes with mates when drink is involved, and a few times it's resulted in me being swept or launched over his shoulder.
    Great skill to have in a street fight.
    Haha, awesome... the bit about the big guy getting thrown, not you and your mate fighting!
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

For anyone interested, or those who want to join my legion of haters ...I've started a blog and current subject is self defence... http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by taffdragon View Post
    haha biting yourself, what your like lol.

i wouldnt have bothered. just because he was marked up and you werent doesnt mean it wasnt self defence. you can hit him first, then again and again and again and he never lay a finger on you and it can still be self defence if you claim you felt you was in danger and he just kept coming at you and wouldnt stop. as long as you dont mount him and elbow smash him in the face a dozen times though
    LOL mount him I was shitting it more then him mate I was holding on for dear life thinking if I let go heas just gonna go ape and knock me all over. Tried to avoid giving statements but was a case of get my story across or risk the licence.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

90% of doorwork is presence. However, the remaining 10% is a definite requirement. Its true though at 17st I had no trouble as people were intimidated. However, 13.5st my proper fight weight I was 50 times more effective but had to deal with 50 times more aggravation as people would try their luck. Basic greco and its points of control is perfect for door work.
    Baroni - "I'm the man, the fucking man, the best ever, ever"

Remember chatting to Chris Jenkins about how he used to a Judo throw to stop a mugger a few years back. Last thing you want is someone of his strength and build putting hands on you. Shame he doesnt post here any more, knowledgable chap to have around with the ol' S&C.

I just use what I've learnt to try and pass guard on the mrs first thing in the morning. Usually met with a 'what the fuck are you doing?'

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Thanks to BJJ, and the strenghtening effect it has had on my grip, since I started training I havent encountered a jar lid I couldn't manage with ease.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

haha nicely done, got a groaning lol out of me there ^
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I was out with my mate one night and just as we were leaving the club, one bouncer grabbed my mate for no apparent reason. My mate then put the bouncer in a standing arm scissor choke and almost put him to sleep.