Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Story's of using training outside the gym

TBH if you can still get a badge in this day and age you arent really a proper doorman anyway

i had one go off on me on saturday because i told him to calm down, i thought his all over head tattoo was going to explode

I call it the Goldilocks syndrome. I'm small, 5' 6 and I get into a lot of scrapes on the door. My boss even accused me of having small-man syndrome haha. I don't and I leave my ego at home. I will take all kinds of verbal provocation all day/night but as soon as it gets physical then "it's on" as far as I am concerned.
    Guillotines are great for control just got to watch out for them grabbing your nuts !!!

The little guys get it 'cos they are small and fellas think they can have it with them.
    The big guys get it cos the pissed up coke heads see it as a challenge if they can give the 'big fella' a smack.
    The guys in the middle weight class seem to get less hassle.

maybe they should introduce weight divisions on the doors? ;-)
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    TBH if you can still get a badge in this day and age you arent really a proper doorman anyway
    Mate I know lads who have done jail and been given a badge. Mine was minded to refuse at first but a letter along with references got me it in the end. I dont have a clue how they see who passes or fails. Im not a fan of the SIA think its just a excuse for the government to get even richer.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    i had one go off on me on saturday because i told him to calm down, i thought his all over head tattoo was going to explode
    i see the problem. you told him to calm down and bouncers don't like that as a general rule. best thing to do if a bouncer is getting a bit grumpy is to wag your finger gently in front of their face so they can see it clearly - it will have a soothing effect. say something like:

'you're over-tired and you have been very naughty' [best not to swear] 'can you please just leave me and my friends to enjoy our night out without troubling us'.

if they insist, tell them you have had just about enough and they will regret it if there is an altercation.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Must be different in your neck of the woods then mate, nearly every good lad I know cant get badges these days for various bullshit... the majority of lads on the doors these days are clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Must be different in your neck of the woods then mate, nearly every good lad I know cant get badges these days for various bullshit... the majority of lads on the doors these days are clueless
    get them to write a letter along with references that they are born again Christians and deeply regret there past and lead a total different life now and would like to use there status on the door to do good and help others in need etc. God told them its there path or whatever bla bla bla im sure you get it. Tell them to have a crack with that mate you can thank me later as worked for me and I aint no born again.

Dont get me wrong loads of my dads old mates cant get work like your mates but the ones who use the old born again story tend to get lucky providing they play it perfect. I mean stuff like bad assault or firearms might hurt there chances my only conviction was offensive weapon in a public place as got caught with my extendible batten on me. We all make mistakes live and learn that's what life's about.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 10-09-2013 at 01:22 PM.

I remember being out on a bit of a gym's christmas do with Scraps, and he doesn't drink much, if at all. However, looking as he does and being pretty slight, one bouncer decided to be a bit of a knob to him (bearing in mind Scraps is very mild mannered and NEVER gets angry). James didn't take too kindly to it and it's probably the only time I've seen him get mad. He quietly offered this fat lump on just outside the door, something which I'm sure they get all the time, but it sure would have been hilarious if he'd have stepped up and got straight blasted by a 65kg, long-haired, hippy-looking dude in front of all the punters. Sadly he didn't oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I remember being out on a bit of a gym's christmas do with Scraps, and he doesn't drink much, if at all. However, looking as he does and being pretty slight, one bouncer decided to be a bit of a knob to him (bearing in mind Scraps is very mild mannered and NEVER gets angry). James didn't take too kindly to it and it's probably the only time I've seen him get mad. He quietly offered this fat lump on just outside the door, something which I'm sure they get all the time, but it sure would have been hilarious if he'd have stepped up and got straight blasted by a 65kg, long-haired, hippy-looking dude in front of all the punters. Sadly he didn't oblige.
    A guy who I classed as a bit of a mentor very respectable bloke not gonna name drop. Anyway the one thing he told me is if you are offered round the corner or whatever you have to stand your ground well his words was you have to go. not sure how others feel on that im sure you guys have worked way longer then me experience wise. But saying that every door is different so I guess its impossible for you to answer.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 10-09-2013 at 01:29 PM.