Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Riddle 'retires'

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default Matt Riddle 'retires'

doesn't sound like a legit retirement to me. bet he fights again

according to Riddle, he cracked a rib and has decided to call it quits due to financial reasons.

As he wrote on Twitter: I'm retiring from MMA today, I cracked my rib and I can't fight sept 20th @BellatorMMA can't give me a fight this year so I can't afford it!"

Bellator officials haven't formally announced the scratch or a replacement.
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...ces-retirement
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Read this last night, imo he'll be back after a while.

Matt Riddle vs Cathal Pendred would of been good.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

Bah, he's just being a brat, as usual. He'll be back as soon as he needs a bit more attention.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

i can't tell if he's being a brat or playing some kind of nouveau-heel role.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

actually, yeah fuck that, I can tell.

I think he will take a shot at a Bellator tournament sometime in 2014. Chance at 100,000 for 3 months work will pay a lot of bills.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

"I've had multiple surgeries," Riddle said. "I get cut open, I'm in pain, and I can't even pay my f---ing bills. People know who I am and I'm on TV all the time, but I can't pay my f---ing bills, so who cares? What kind of sport is this? What's the point of being in it if you can't even make money? Especially a sport where you get torn open, get brain damage and bleed? And then people give me s--t because I'd rather retire and get a real job. At least that way I'll get a check every week and not worry about someone trying to cut my face open or knock my f---ing teeth out."
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...-to-do-with-it

Riddle is such a muppet, won't be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    The guys got a point.
    www.manchester-mma.com