Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else think last night was crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    What are peoples opinions on the Wallhead Decision?
    Awful decision imo. Fairplay to Trigg too, he basically told Ellis in the post-fight interview that he thought Jim had won.

Jimmy landed the most significant shots of the fight, no doubt about that. But as others have said, he didn't do enough to capitalise. I've watched it once (admittedly while very tired) and I gave the first two rounds to Ellis by the slimmest of margins, and the third to Jimmy. Could see the shout for a draw, or a Jimmy win too.

The crazy thing is, if BAMMA hadn't decided to do three-round title fights for some reason, Jimmy would in all likelihood be wearing that belt right now.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

War Ellis!!!

It's the same argument we've all seen hundreds of times.

Someone loses a close fight 30-27 and everyone duly goes crazy and screams robbery.
    It's also however, countered perfectly by the same reasoning every time.

Some of the closest fights ever contested are scored 30-27. The black and white nature of the result doesn't tell the whole story of each of those rounds, which could have been lost on a hair each time.

I've got no problem with a 30-27 Ellis scorecard anymore than I'd have a problem with a 30-27 Wallhead scorecard. It was an extremely nip/tuck fight and I imagine a Fightmetric style numbers analysis would bear that out.

Also, for the record, if your "watching" of the fight to come up with your opinion coincides with doing ANYTHING else at all from answering the phone, to making a drink, to looking out the window for 10 seconds; your reasoning and verdict don't account for anything.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post

Also, for the record, if your "watching" of the fight to come up with your opinion coincides with doing ANYTHING else at all from answering the phone, to making a drink, to looking out the window for 10 seconds; your reasoning and verdict don't account for anything.
    What about masturbating?
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

That's ok as long as you don't make eye contact with anyone else in the room.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    That's ok as long as you don't make eye contact with anyone else in the room.
    What about the dudes fighting on the tv / in the cage in front of me? Can I make eye contact with them?
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Why did the referee not stand them up after about 1 minute of Ellis doing nothing? He even admitted himself he was taking a rest, which to be fair you can't blame him, after getting walloped pretty hard a few times. I had a suspicion that the judges may have given Ellis Round 1.

I think it's quite sad that we're still at a stage where a guy can land a take down, do fuck all (by his own admission) and still win the round. It is what it is though..... I do think Wallhead won the fight.

I wonder if Paul Daley will want to fight for the BAMMA title or will being champ be too restrictive for him? It did say in the advert he's fighting exclusively for them.

I don't think Daley fights for it because BAMMA need Wallhead and if he can't fight for the title I don't think he'll want to fight. That being said he isn't fighting anywhere else and he gets paid a shit load by BAMMA.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    What about the dudes fighting on the tv / in the cage in front of me? Can I make eye contact with them?
    ah. Nice point. This might be worthy of a steward's inquiry. My ruling would be that it is on your own conscience if you are watching on telly - potentially very dangerous if eye contact made in person. That seems reasonable.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'