Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drunk Tanks - great idea

This is awesome news, though, how drunk do I have to be before I get my own tank? Does it come with shells and a turret mounted gun as well?
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emmet J View Post
    Yeah, this is the chief problem; the people most likely to require this service are the least likely to be able afford it. How do you enforce something that is, for all intents and purposes, unenforceable?
    Safe to say anyone that hard up is probably on benefits? Just garnish their dole.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

I'm more interested in stopping MPs from getting pissed at our expense via subsidised bars in the Houses of Parliament myself; and may be some sensisble laws like not selling booze in petrol stations (which I have seen and think is a worrying mixed message).

PS I'm not a recovering alcoholic and I've not had a drink for 20 years now - so I've not got a personal agenda when I also ask if this proposal (drunk tanks) is based on a sound evidence base as far as behaviour relating to alcohol misuse goes
    Last edited by Shaolin Exile; 20-09-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Not had a drink in 20 years? Farkinell. Must have felt like 40.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I've drunk 1 pint and 3 bottles in the last 8 years.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

I get drunk once a year for the club Christmas social. Other than that I probably have a maximum of 10 drinks as a pint here or a glass of wine there throughout the rest of the year.
    LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    Not had a drink in 20 years? Farkinell. Must have felt like 40.
    I developed an intolerance. If I drink alcohol I get hot flushes, palpitations and become violently sick within the hour. Interestingly the symptoms are very similar to the drug Antabuse which George Best took to treat his alcoholism
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

^ ah man. that's harsh on you. maximum sympathies there.

not being funny Emmet, you are clearly a legendary character with some incredible self-discipline - absolute fair play to you. but still, you are in the top 1% of healthy, controlled humans on this planet. not everyone can handle that shit. most people go boozing a fair bit more than you, even very light drinkers look like Gazza next to you. so i will take your position with a pinch of salt.

absolutely no disrespect meant by that - quite the opposite.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    ^ ah man. that's harsh on you. maximum sympathies there.

To be honest once you have adjusted to the change in your usual habits it's quite liberating. You never have to worry about waking up with a hangover, having to wait hours for the booze to wear off before you can go home because yopu forgot you came in the care; ordriving to work over the liomit because you had a skin full the night before

Fair play. Surely you have provided a fine taxi service to friends and family during this time

By the way I took a swipe at you on the last page of the golden opportunity thread. All in good taste of course.