Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: roussey and tate

Personally i prefer Ronda to Tate. That said though if you took Tate's tits and stuck them on Rousey that would be cool.

All that is irrelevant though because Carano will always be hotter than both combined.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    Personally i prefer Ronda to Tate. That said though if you took Tate's tits and stuck them on Rousey that would be cool.

All that is irrelevant though because Carano will always be hotter than both combined.
    Im more of a Cyborg kinda guy (chuckles) Hope you had a good night at total combat mate.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

For a long time I thought women on the show would get me interested in TUF again.

I was wrong. No interest in this season what so ever.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

typical you get women involved in TUF and there becomes relationship drama. think it was disgusting of rousey to go up to tates boyfriend and stir things up. low. bitchy and pathetic the whole things been so far, but somewhat entertaining.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Fair play to the UFC for trying to make changes to what has clearly become a stale show.

Not sure adding women & the focus on relationships is designed to appeal to me, rather going after the Geordie Shore market who seem to love all that BS. Still going to watch for the fights & have an interest in seeing the training but tune out the rest.

It's hard to say what is more damaging to MMA; turning TUF into a soap opera or blokes on forums discussing female fighters' looks etc rather than their abilities.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Ronda acts like a stroppy spoilt teenager
    she acts like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    It's hard to say what is more damaging to MMA; turning TUF into a soap opera or blokes on forums discussing female fighters' looks etc rather than their abilities.
    Neither are.

Presenting TUF the way it is will only help grow their fan base as it now appeals to the Geordie Shore/ TOWIE? Big Brother type audience but will still get the regulars tuning in to see fights.

Gonna try and be careful with the way i word the next point as i'm torture for not getting my point accross but men judging women by their looks helped speed along the growth of women's MMA.

Despite their talent, the biggest selling points of both Carano and Rousey were their looks. Rousey has herself said this.

I'm not taking anything away from them as athletes but what those two had/have was a sort of action movie/video game feel to them in that they are smoking hot but kick most people's asses. Add this with the promotional team at Zuffa (speaking solely about Rousey at this point) and it was a perfect recipe for a star.

There will be all the purists that will shout "oh i liked WMMA for years..." but it will always be looked back on as Rousey that sped things along to getting them in the UFC and despite all her talent which she has bags of, her looks played a big part in that.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    Neither are.

Presenting TUF the way it is will only help grow their fan base as it now appeals to the Geordie Shore/ TOWIE? Big Brother type audience but will still get the regulars tuning in to see fights.

Gonna try and be careful with the way i word the next point as i'm torture for not getting my point accross but men judging women by their looks helped speed along the growth of women's MMA.

Despite their talent, the biggest selling points of both Carano and Rousey were their looks. Rousey has herself said this.

I'm not taking anything away from them as athletes but what those two had/have was a sort of action movie/video game feel to them in that they are smoking hot but kick most people's asses. Add this with the promotional team at Zuffa (speaking solely about Rousey at this point) and it was a perfect recipe for a star.

There will be all the purists that will shout "oh i liked WMMA for years..." but it will always be looked back on as Rousey that sped things along to getting them in the UFC and despite all her talent which she has bags of, her looks played a big part in that.
    That's a very valid point but on a participant level, would anyone want to train in MMA alongside some woman who you didn't fancy who had been posting stuff on forums about how sexy all the blokes she trained with are. I accept though that some female fighters have muddied the waters with some of her glamour photo shoots
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Tate will be finished the same way as the first fight. Rousey's grappling was far superior and Tate was pushing her punches from the opening bell and her emotion had her out of position from the get-go. So much for her superior striking. Should be a great fight though.