Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jones vs Gustafsson

I had 48-47 Jones, but I have no problems with anyone scoring that fight for Gus. That fight was razor close.

Excellent fight. a million times better than I was expecting it to be.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Personally I had first three to Gus giving him the win by a round.
    Although the rounds were close so either way can hardly be called a robbery.

After Glover got wobbled by Bader & this being such a great close fight I bet we get Jones/ Gus 2 before Glover gets his title shot. Not a fan of immediate rematches but who could argue against this?
    First time we've seen Jones in a fight & fair play to him, I always believed he'd crumble under the pressure but he took the punches & kept on coming.

Personaly dont think there should be an immediate rematch as Glover has earned his shot with his run and who he has beat. The fight was close but not particullay controversial imo. The LW division has been bogged down with all the rematches and no one else was getting a shot. We're getting to a situation that any close title fight could end up with a rematch and log jam of contenders waiting for their shot. Would be happy for gus to get the winner of Jones vs Glover. Think Glover has a real chance as well

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Personaly dont think there should be an immediate rematch as Glover has earned his shot with his run and who he has beat. The fight was close but not particullay controversial imo. The LW division has been bogged down with all the rematches and no one else was getting a shot. We're getting to a situation that any close title fight could end up with a rematch and log jam of contenders waiting for their shot. Would be happy for gus to get the winner of Jones vs Glover. Think Glover has a real chance as well
    Who exactly has Glover beat then? A shot Rampage? TeHuna & Bader, hardly the elite level of the division. Whilst Gus has just pushed Jones like no-one else has.
    Jon had run through the division & looked unstoppable, until Gus put him in positions where he had to fight.
    I'm not a fan of too many rematches but a great & close fight like that certainly deserves one.

There was no evidence in his last fight against Bader that tell me he competes with JJ never mind beat him, Gus should get the rematch without a doubt. I do think JJ won the fight it was just very very close. All credit to JJ as I am not a huge fan of his Gus challenged him and JJ did his stuff.

I can not wait for the rematch

Great fight, a rematch would be nice but I don't want to see the belt tied up for a while. Give Glover his shot then get Gus in again. I think the main reason Gus did so well is because his size matched up against Jones and Jones is so used to having such a massive reach advantage over his opponents. Jones will most likely breeze through Glover.....

I had round 1 and 3 for Gus, Round 2 a 10-10 round (could have easily scored it either way) and the 4th and 5th for Jones, can't complain with the scores, nor would I have had it been 48-47 for Gus, people saying Gus was robbed I think are stretching it to be fair, was razor close, Jones went forward in the first 3 rounds even if Gus did seem the busier fighter.

Anyone else notice that Jones barely threw any right hand shots - at least from round 3 onward anyway when I noticed it, think 3rd round he threw one punch with his right, maybe 2 in the 4th and same in the 5th, was convinced he was going to announce a broken hand afterward, even when he had Gus rocked in the 4th and Gus was open for some big rights against the cage, Jones chose not to throw a single one... odd..
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.