View Poll Results: how do you feel about Palhares being cut?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm over-joyed, it's brilliant

2 11.76%
  • I agree with the decision

7 41.18%
  • I suppose it had to happen

3 17.65%
  • fence-sitter

1 5.88%
  • I think he should get one more chance

0 0%
  • I disagree with the decision

3 17.65%
  • Crazy decision, reinstate him immediately

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palhares thread anyone?

Is it possible that he's just a bit dim? Lots of people who excel at sports aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer (Rooney?) and he just doesn't think/realise he's doing anything that bad?
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    Is it possible that he's just a bit dim? Lots of people who excel at sports aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer (Rooney?) and he just doesn't think/realise he's doing anything that bad?

I saw a thread on another board with youtube vids of all the fights he's done it in, there was also reports that he injures his training partners regularly.

There is no way you can be stupid enough to not understand the concept of tapping and the ref saying when the fight is over, that's less complicated than dressing your self or driving a car. If he was that "special" he would be still wearing nappies in some care home.

The lad seems to get off on it. He genuinely loves seeing people in pain and being the bad boy.

Tare is fackin leg orf!

Sorr.., not sure what came over me.

Ban him!
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

injury update

Pierce's trainer, Phil Claud, today told MMAjunkie.com that an MRI revealed a "severe MCL sprain" on the fighter's left knee. The doctors told them surgery probably won't be required.

However, they're still awaiting word on the MRI results from his left ankle, which also was injured during the finishing sequence of the fight.
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...al-ufn-29-loss
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    saw on the UG that apparently Pierce hasn't got his results back yet and mmajunkie have made an assumption, will try and find it.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

The second the ref calls the fight, the fight's over. Any offence after the fight's over is an assault, simple as. If he genuinely doesn't know what he's doing then he's a danger to anybody taking a fight with him and a danger to the sport. Other promotions should take note.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

please say it ain't so. two of my heroes defend this man:

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Sperry
    I think he should have paid more attention to the reaction of his opponent and the referee. He also had several problems with athletes who tapped and continued after he released the submission hold without the referee interrupting. In my view, this can hamper your judgment on when to release the submission even more in the middle of a fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzo
    We are in a fight business. If we will begin a witch hunt, the intensity of our sport will be gone. We are supposed to get hurt
    nightmare. i forgive you for Ben Spijkers, but that was a long time ago in a different era.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Mar...Palhares-57817
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'