Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: code of ethics for an mma fighter

The glove touch thing should be no problem, just informal sportmanship- but too many cunts exploit it. Especially at amateur level. I love when 2 fighters show the respect they've earned off each other after a war at the end, but touch gloves each round, hug the last out then hoist each other up after the decision? Often this being the most contact made during the bout

Shave or wax your shoulders & back. Arlovski did after his Belarussian immigration, you should do it also. Chest hair is fine, if you are tough enough to have it but backs & shoulders need a good waxing. No-homo.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Quote Originally Posted by Will Samuelson View Post
    Shave or wax your shoulders & back. Arlovski did after his Belarussian immigration, you should do it also. Chest hair is fine, if you are tough enough to have it but backs & shoulders need a good waxing. No-homo.
    What about scrotal sac and sphincter? ....homo

Show respect to your opponent and the promotion
    Turning up to the rules meeting on time
    Leave your idiot mates at home

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    7. no more shit tattoos after reaching UFC (who is that a dig at?)
    Most UFC fighters with tattoos. Although to be fair, I don't know if they had them before or after most of the time. Alan Belcher is defo an example though.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

1. No deliberately spitting at or in the general direction of anyone else

2. If you must engage in trash talking:
    a) Don't bother unless it's genuinely witty
    b) Leave friends and family of your opponent out of it

3)Don't have an overblown ring entrance unless you have the skills to back it up

4) Remember that having really cool or otherwise impressive entrance music isn't going to help you unless you have the skills to back it up (e.g. Don't have the theme from Superman, spend the first 60 seconds after the bell dancing around until the ref makes you engage and then get Ko'd with the very first contact)

5) If you deliberately foul someone in an extreme way ( biting, sucker punching after the bell etc) it's not up to you to make judgements about whether being banned, DQ'd etc is fair or unfair
    Last edited by Shaolin Exile; 17-10-2013 at 07:17 AM.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Samuelson View Post
    i once saw a nameless fighter take off his t-shirt before a weigh in, he was very hairy, chest, back - covered. as he stood there in his shorts, someone shouted, 'take your t-shirt off'

chuckles on that one might be live experience-only

Quote Originally Posted by Gods of War View Post
    Show respect to your opponent and the promotion
    i agree that one ought to do this. but trash-talkers and disrespectful bastards often make very entertaining characters. it would be a shame if all that were lost.

i dunno. it's tricky. is a disrespectful bastard fighter automatically unethical?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    1. No deliberately spitting at or in the general direction of anyone else

2. If you must engage in trash talking:
    a) Don't bother unless it's genuinely witty
    i like this, but threats can be fun? it's true they can.

b) Leave friends and family of your opponent out of it
    100%

3)Don't have an overblown ring entrance unless you have the skills to back it up

4) Remember that having really cool or otherwise impressive entrance music isn't going to help you unless you have the skills to back it up (e.g. Don't have the theme from Superman, spend the first 60 seconds after the bell dancing around until the ref makes you engage and then get Ko'd with the very first contact)
    if people want to demonstrate that they are idiots, there is no better place for that than in mma competition lolz

being a bellend is different to being unethical though isn't it?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    i like this, but threats can be fun? it's true they can.

100%

if people want to demonstrate that they are idiots, there is no better place for that than in mma competition lolz

being a bellend is different to being unethical though isn't it?
    Fair point. It's not truly ethical. On one level I was being cynially elastic in my interpretation to make a point. I'm sorry that should have said...to have a rant. However, it is kind of ethical because such antics bring the sport into disrepute
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

I was being cynially elastic in my interpretation to make a point.
    ah, like the way you put words together. i should have shut my mouth because i knew what you meant.

but for the plebs, right, reading this thread - they may need some direction, people like plastikman and nimmy, you know the type.