Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does the heavyweight division have a weight limit?

Default Why does the heavyweight division have a weight limit?

I am wondering a very simple question: why does the heavyweight division have a weight limit? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I understand the likes of Brock Lesnar had to cut weight to make heavyweight lol
    Writer for couchfighter: http://couchfighter.co/home/the-staff/item/317-johnny-memes

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

think it's there to stop super-porkoids from turning up and ruining it for the crowd. that's just a guess though, would be interested to hear the real reasoning.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    think it's there to stop super-porkoids from turning up and ruining it for the crowd. that's just a guess though, would be interested to hear the real reasoning.
    Yet there are no signs of a super heavyweight division. It is interesting.
    Writer for couchfighter: http://couchfighter.co/home/the-staff/item/317-johnny-memes

id imagine it has to do with the commission and making fair fights based on weights, i.e. not having someone who is 207lbs fighting a guy 407lbs

i don't understand. if they don't want to see massively overweight fighters compete, they cut them out the picture, not set up a division for them. that would be the opposite of what they hope to achieve.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    id imagine it has to do with the commission and making fair fights based on weights, i.e. not having someone who is 207lbs fighting a guy 407lbs
    that would be a good reason for setting up the divison

Someone make it happen... Big show (500lbs) vs Mark Henry (450lbs) - UFC 170

I wish the limit was 245lbs because the best fighters at HW are clearly 225-245

Quote Originally Posted by Sengoku View Post
    I wish the limit was 245lbs because the best fighters at HW are clearly 225-245
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

If you look at dana's reaction to big country he really understands how the sport still plays hugely on image. Like some one said earlier it would be mainly really fat bloke's gassing after a few mins and would look like a bit of a joke.

If you could actually get some top level nfl type athletes who wanted to fight then I'd be all for it.