Thread: Mike persil

Default Mike persil

I was speaking to a few friends last night who had been to watch a Thai boxing show. I asked who was fighting, was there any good fights etc etc as you do. Then 1 of the lads who they mentioned was fifhting came in the pub. So I asked who he was fighting did he win.... His answer was I stopped the guy in the 2nd, he was 55 year old. Before I even asked who it was I thought mike persil. So I turned to the 1st group I spoke to and said did he fight mike? They said "don't kno his name, but he isn't allowed to fight mma any more because he is that bad" of corse it was him. At the end of the fight he got a mike (like the pun) and made a speech about being 55 year old and don't let any body tell you that you can't.

So he is on the rampage again people

Yes and no.
    It was I. Just wanted to try a Muay Thai one.
    Got half way through the second round and got caught with a knee to the chest and was winded, wanted to carry on but was stopped. Think I did ok but others would be better suited to comment. Found its not for me.
    The speech was meant to encourage others to get down the gym or youngsters to persevere with it.
    Mike "the mic" Persil

mike persil is a warrior

Fair play mike, and honestly with all due respect you're right muay Thai isn't for you, good luck with your mc'ing or whatever it is you're doing outside of a ring or cage and good luck with helping other younger fighters in the gym

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Persil View Post
    Yes and no.
    It was I. Just wanted to try a Muay Thai one.
    Got half way through the second round and got caught with a knee to the chest and was winded, wanted to carry on but was stopped. Think I did ok but others would be better suited to comment. Found its not for me.
    The speech was meant to encourage others to get down the gym or youngsters to persevere with it.
    Good for you in having a go. No shame in losing and the fact you made it to the second deserves credit in itself. Plenty of guys older then you competing in other combat sports ie grappling and other form of arts so keep your head up sounds like you did good Still think grappling would be a smart long term goal for you though IE try get your blue belt in under 3 years or something.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 22-10-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Good for you in having a go. No shame in losing and the fact you made it to the second deserves credit in itself. Plenty of guys older then you competing in other combat sports ie grappling and other form of arts so keep your head up sounds like you did good Still think grappling would be a smart long term goal for you though IE try get your blue belt in under 3 years or something.
    This. Would be cool to see you compete and excel at BJJ Mike! Persilian Neck Tie FTW!

Persil v Sanchez I say!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.