Thread: Aldo wants to fight Pettis for the LW belt

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default Aldo wants to fight Pettis for the LW belt

interesting new development - but says he has to defend against Lamas first

"I want it at lightweight," Aldo recently said in regards to a potential fight with Pettis. "That's where his belt resides, so I can steal it. It would be better for me since I already have a belt of my own. My belt is already up on the wall at my home."
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...es-ufc-history
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Thats because he doesn't want Pettis to drop to FW and take his title.

Also, if he steps up to LW and loses to Pettis... The return fight at FW should draw more pennies.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

once Aldo goes to LW, it would be a bastard for him to go back down, think he has trouble as it is.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

If that is the case then I think he'd rather vacate the title rather than lose it and him be the man to get a chance at being a two weight world champ rather than Pettis.

Pettis has a list of contenders at 155 I want to see him fight first. Thomson, Grant, Melendez.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Pettis should give the title up and chase Aldo .
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Give it up after just winning it? You crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Give it up after just winning it? You crazy.
    Sure as if he really thinks he has the skills to beat him giving it up is his fastest route to the belt. Plus he can win it back at anytime he chooses. Aldo is where the money is at he needs to give up the belt and force Aldo and Dana to make that fight now as that super fight is where the money is. People can bull shit saying they dont care about money but at that level Money is everything.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 24-10-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

He doesn't get to make that decision. Dana White has already made the clear 30 minutes after he won it.

Personally i like the idea. Personally i thought it was bullshit that Pettis got a FW title shot despite being a LW so why shouldn't Also get the fight on his terms now?
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency