Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC Europe?

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

TTT for European champs
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I think if we want to increase mma as a spectator sport in the UK this is hugely important.

Do you think they'll entertain UFC European Championships Jimmy?

Not a fan of this whole UFC Europe thing. Will just be cards we're already getting only for 2/3 times the price!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Do you think they'll entertain UFC European Championships Jimmy?
    There was something about 6/12 months ago saying they'd want continental champs at some point.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    Not a fan of this whole UFC Europe thing. Will just be cards we're already getting only for 2/3 times the price!

There was something about 6/12 months ago saying they'd want continental champs at some point.
    I'm not a fan of that at all... European Champion, Oceanic Champion, African Champion, Asian Champion.... Noooooooo.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

i don't expect to see it happen any time soon, but like the idea. would be epic to see a euro champ getting a title shot
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I don't care about regional champions but that is beside the point. The reason for this is to give fans actual things to watch on a friday/saturday night.

Currently the UFC exists on peoples computers on shitty streams or on DVR's. Imagine being able to see MMA while out at the pub. That is how americans consume it and how many of them got introduced to the sport.

I like the idea. I think that ticket prices would go down if there were more events on plus it gives local fighters the chance to get recognised by the UFC easier and get better opportunities. They should do a European type league and then an Asian/Australasian one to cater for the different timezones and television areas. More events/countries visited results in more of our guys getting the chance to get to the big league
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    I like the idea. I think that ticket prices would go down if there were more events on plus it gives local fighters the chance to get recognised by the UFC easier and get better opportunities. They should do a European type league and then an Asian/Australasian one to cater for the different timezones and television areas. More events/countries visited results in more of our guys getting the chance to get to the big league
    That's the main reason i dislike the idea. As it stands the UFC is the ultimate goal for fighters, the highest point if the mountain.

For me, if they were to create such leagues in each continent it would totally dilute the honour if being able to say you're a ufc fighter.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency