Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we getting another UK UFC this year?

Default Are we getting another UK UFC this year?

We usually get one around Sep/Oct, don't we? Or was the Dublin card instead of that this year? Looking at UFC's schedule there's a Fight Pass card down for Oct 4th and the country/city/venue is TBA.

I couldn't make it to Dublin (gutted) but I was hoping we'd get the usual Sep/Oct show. Not looking like it at the minute though anyone got any info?

I'd be all over something like Manuwa vs Shogun over here.

If i remember rightly it was announced after the last show that the next time they'll be here is on the 28th February 2015 at the O2 in London.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Ah right, cheers Nathan.

Looks like my Manuwa vs Shogun idea was already thought of. Manuwa wants it apparently.

http://fansided.com/2014/06/13/jimi-...gun-rua-fight/

Jimi Manuwa's camp said they'd be willing to wait on Shogun to heal up any possible injuries and/or surgeries he's underwent, as it's a fight Manuwa wants.

While the fight hasn't been signed, Helwani did point at the UFC show in Sweden on October 4 as a possible landing point for the bout, maybe even serving as the Main Event.
    So Sweden then, if it happens.

I think that fight was first mentioned at the Manchester card last year and they liked the sound of it then. It'd be a fun fight if it happened.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

considering the schedule the UFC is doing this year, there have probably been two UK events since the time you posted this thread.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

there was strong talk of a UFC in scotland in September but nothing came of it

There is one in my back garden next Thursday I think, I'll shout Marshall in a minute, he's just putting up some bleachers...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

The Turkey event for November has also apparently been canned.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    The Turkey event for November has also apparently been canned.
    Yes it has. I asked Garry Cook and he cited 'political unrest', I'm guessing in the wider region largely.