Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dork in the Bow Tie on BT Sport

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtygoose View Post
    Think it's funny that people posting on a cage warriors forum don't know the name of a cage warriors commentator/safe Mma member and continue to call him 'guy in a bow tie'.
    Quote Originally Posted by BritFighter View Post
    EXACTLY!!!
    Oh come on. Internet posters are generally loudmouth assholes who couldn’t give a shit, for example, just look at sengoku’s posts. You can’t expect them to care or remember anything, and it definitely won’t stop them from being out of order if they feel like it.

Its no easy job when you are in a studio expected to work with someone you have never met before and expected to fill time as someone shoves a camera in your face and gives you time cues in your ear.
    Fair enough, you know him, you defend him, makes sense. But there’s no requirement for anyone else to feel the inner kindness that you do.

The blonde did the best she could with what little knowledge she had. Imagine if you were put into a studio and asked to do the same for a fencing tournament... How knowledgable would you be??? They need presenters who know how to dress for TV and who can handle themselves in front of the camera and think on their feet.
    Can’t tell if you are defending her or trolling her to the maximum. ‘she don’t know shit, but she looks the part and is sassy on the mic’

haha

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
    The bow tie bloke definitely knew what he was on about...
    Haha, love the audacity of this after the previous posts

That said, don’t worry about any unfriendly opinions John, won’t help – all the best, congrats on getting the gig, wicked stuff.
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

I'm not familiar with the fella I don't feel the need to make out I do in order to impress a few dweebs on the tinterweb.

My knowledge of UK MMA is limited but growing. I'm a Muay Thai fan primarily who has watched Pride, UFC for years, just getting into the UK side of things.

I thought he did a good job with an awful co presenter.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

hey andrew, i wasn't having a dig at you there. only having a pop at go-time, sengoku, whoever that bird is and anyone who posts on the internet.
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtygoose View Post
    Think it's funny that people posting on a cage warriors forum don't know the name of a cage warriors commentator/safe Mma member and continue to call him 'guy in a bow tie'.
    he isnt that well known so shut up

but he commentates for CW, you're posting on the CW forum, c'mon Sengoku...you could at least refer to him by his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    hey andrew, i wasn't having a dig at you there. only having a pop at go-time, sengoku, whoever that bird is and anyone who posts on the internet.
    ha, ha, fair enough!!

Years of lurking and occasional posting have confirmed in my mind that Sengoku is a bell-end of the highest order with serious issues.

The only issue I had was that as a result of keep cutting back to them we missed the USA broadcast.
    It was clearly shown onscreen midway through the broadcast that upcoming was the Luke Barnatt fight, but in the UK we had some more chat instead. great!

Its good that they are building it up, and explaining things for the casual fans, but at the end of the day people tune into a UFC show for fights.

Fortunately due to work I ended up watching it the following day off Sky+, I soon resulted in fastforwarding between fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Unless it improves Im just going to find a American live stream and watch that from computer to tv. I mean I don't dislike the guy in the bow tie I just felt like I was listening to ufc 1 that's all.
    A lot of people watching ARE watching it as basically UFC 1 though dude, that's the point. Most of the people I know understand MMA well, but the vast majority of the people I know train one or multiple arts. Once you get out to the general public some people really do have no idea at all about MMA. I have been asked "don't people die doing that?" by loads of colleagues/friends/family over the years.

I do think the format would work better if the questions and general chat were led more by Gooden though.

I didn't watch any of the bits with GAD in.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

At first I was annoyed at them cutting to the studio straight after a fight / during walk ins but I believe when BT went back to the studio the American footage was showing adverts. I've watched the FOX coverage of a fight night before and it's dreadful, advert after advert.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian23 View Post
    At first I was annoyed at them cutting to the studio straight after a fight / during walk ins but I believe when BT went back to the studio the American footage was showing adverts. I've watched the FOX coverage of a fight night before and it's dreadful, advert after advert.
    No, quite clearly onscreen it said upcoming the Luke Barnatt fight, instead we got more chat.