Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Dork in the Bow Tie on BT Sport

I think John did an excellent job overall, looked professional and answered some awkward questions really well.

The bowtie is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paralyser View Post
    Someone above mentioned Sky doing a better job, take it they've forgotten about that 'cage fighter' show?! Just imagine those guys on a Ufc show pahaha.
    Think I mentioned Sky, granted Cage Fighter was dodgy however I always assumed that was done more by Cage Rage themselves than Sky as it never have Sky's production values, when I said Sky I meant comparing for instance Sky's football coverage against BT's so far - Sky have got a very polished way of doing things that BT have not evolved into - hopefully with time they will grow into it, I like the set for the UFC show, nice back drops of the fighters which change dependent on the event etc, nice touch that.

As for John, much respect for coming on here and answering the critics, wish I had more time and hadn't blasted through to just the fights to be fair - as I said earlier from what I saw you were doing fine as far as I could tell, plus as you said - its better having someone with knowledge and cares for the sport over some random celeb - OJ Borg I am looking at you you useless fucker....how is he employed by BAMMA ffs..
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

If sky get the ufc then there'll be nothing stopping them making the big cards ppvs as they do with the wrasslin and boxing. Ill sit through any old pish coverage as long as I can see the fights cheaper.
    Fuck no-gi

I do wonder if they would, mostly because how many PPV's would they really sell over here, I'd have thought they would still stick it on normal Sky and hope it brought them a few more sales of the Sports channels, feck knows though. So far can't grumble too much at the job BT are doing, with the Inside the Octagon program and a few other bits n bobs its better than I expected in fairness... Just polish up the show and jobs a good un.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Its the same as if you take your kid to Disney land after they have been there Euro Disney just don't cut it any more.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Now having BT internet I get it for free and I'm not sure how much subscription is (think someone mentioned 16) would you rather have the numbered ufc events and fight nights for 16 a month or pay 40 a time for a ppv on sky,for every numbered ufc event,and shell out however much sky is these days for the fight nights?I know which id prefer.
    Twitter @ricbrad

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Apologies John had no idea that all that went on.
    me too! only joking about the bow tie

I didnt have a problem with you just Blonde! It all seemed forced. Im used to the U.S broadcast.... really I just wanna see the fights, I hate all the filler and commercials I like watching fighter entrances and stuff.
    Last edited by Sengoku; 29-10-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengoku View Post
    me too! only joking about the bow tie

I didnt have a problem with you just Blonde! It all seemed forced. Im used to the U.S broadcast.... really I just wanna see the fights, I hate all the filler and commercials I like watching fighter entrances and stuff.
    Agree with you, my other half is watching the cricket on Sky at the moment and the most noticeable thing is that the studio talking heads have a 'conversation' about the cricket,the players etc, it flows and sounds natural. The blonde lady, and she was on again last night, is noticeably stilted, she doesn't seem at all comfortable with the sport. It sounds more like a girlfriend trying to impress her boyfriend on his fave sport but not really getting it.
    Well done to Dave coming on and explaining himself to a very difficult 'audience', I though he was fine (bow tie should have been a darker colour lol to go with his colouring though) and would have sounded better if he'd had a knowledgable and experienced partner to bounce off. I'd suggest they get Leigh Remedious for the studio!
    We watch a lot of sport in our house, mostly we prefer watching it on Eurosport as they rarely have people in the studio, you get things like warm ups, heats and not just the Brits all the time. I understand that there is a need for adverts, it pays the bills but we don't need all the talking heads in the studios. Have commentators who know what they are talking about they will fill in any loose time, you could have what Eurosport does during the cycling, viewers Tweeting in questions and comments! People who know little about cycling get to ask questions about things they don't know and we don't get loads of rubbish from people like the blonde! You also get views from experienced cyclists who want to know the technical stuff ( for MMA that could be rules etc), makes for interesting viewing for beginners and knowledgable fans alike.
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Its the same as if you take your kid to Disney land after they have been there Euro Disney just don't cut it any more.
    1175 posts, and each one more inane than the last.

Overall; quite a bit of dick tucking done in this thread since John posted.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Plastikman View Post
    1175 posts, and each one more inane than the last.

Overall; quite a bit of dick tucking done in this thread since John posted.
    Really? 1175 posts, where did you get that from, your's is the 69th. As for inane...pot>kettle
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling