Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Dork in the Bow Tie on BT Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Orionpax42 View Post
    Just thought it was odd since John commentates for Cage Warriors, who I would assume you all watch, yet many didn't know who he was, let alone thought he was inexperienced in MMA.
    Only ever watched a few shows rate them highest show in UK though with Bamma coming a close second. Use forum to try stay up to date with the Uk scene. If it was on sky id record and watch them all. Attending the Newcastle show so will buy John a bottle or beer and send it over to him if possible.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 01-11-2013 at 12:29 AM.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Didn't see the broadcast but John gooden is a really great, knowledgeable guy with loads of personality - he's an asset to ukmma
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Only ever watched a few shows rate them highest show in UK though with Bamma coming a close second. Use forum to try stay up to date with the Uk scene. If it was on sky id record and watch them all. Attending the Newcastle show so will buy John a bottle or beer and send it over to him if possible.
    This for me aswell, I only really watch UFC, Bamma when on channel 5? or was it some random science channel or something?! and the other one which used to? be on sky- cant remember the name of it.
    Think i've maybe seen a couple of cage warriors, have they been televised before?
    Dont really do watching fights on my laptop/phone/kindle.

Dan Hardy and John Gooden are a decent commentary duo, really enjoyed their coverage of the fights. Luke Barnett was a good addition to the studio as well.

Said some pretty harsh things about John on this thread and wanted to come back here to sing his praise as it's deserved.

Well done, nice one!

hate listening to GAD on BT sport, also no wonder people record the fights then fast forward, 45 minutes from the start of the programme until the first fighters touched gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    hate listening to GAD on BT sport, also no wonder people record the fights then fast forward, 45 minutes from the start of the programme until the first fighters touched gloves.
    I lost any respect I had for GAD when he was on MMA Live on ESPN and had no clue who Saku was. He's just jumped on the MMA bandwagon. Plus he can't say Cerrone properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Romero79 View Post
    I lost any respect I had for GAD when he was on MMA Live on ESPN and had no clue who Saku was. He's just jumped on the MMA bandwagon. Plus he can't say Cerrone properly.
    you cant say he has jumped on the MMA bandwagon as there was no bandwagon to jump on when he started covering it, he isnt to everyone's taste
    For your MMA Fix, Don't Hit the Pit anymore coz its shut

I'm kind of indifferent to GAD, I do think he has brought new eyes to the sport and does speak highly of it whenever asked, reports for a major newspaper and has no doubt helped educate at least a few people as to it being a sport and not human cock fighting, I can see how people dislike him, sometimes he annoys the piss out of me, other times though I actually enjoy listening to him...hence indifference.

Sport could do with a lot worse than him helping out in the UK is the way I look at it - he sure doesn't look, act or talk like a thug and presents a more mature image of an MMA fan you normally may not expect.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

GAD is horrendous on bt I don't mind reading what he's wrote probaldy because he's had time to research what he's writing about. But on live telly he comes across really bad Luke barnett looked embarresed and bewilderd at some of his comments on the Ireland show.
    3-5-1

Quote Originally Posted by Romero79 View Post
    Plus he can't say Cerrone properly.
    Wait, you mean it's NOT Donald Cerron-ay?

Next you'll be telling me his pronunciation of Erriah Faber is wrong as well.