Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimi manuwa

Default Jimi manuwa

I would love to see him get some 1 like shogun next or some1 of that stature. Shogun seems a good choice though. He is on a bit of a slide at the minute and if jimi could get past him then he stands in good sted

I don't know if Jimi is ready for any of the top 10 quite yet tbh!

Yeah lets not throw him in the deep end, he had enough sense to not sign for the UFC when they first came calling, he knows he needs work and time. Granted he has looked very good so far and hopefully that will continue but why rush him into the top ten? Let him smash a few more people first..
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I wasn't rushing him. I think it's a very winnable fight. Shogun is on a massive slide right now. And he would stand and fight jimis fight. So I think it gives him a good chance to chuck his name up there. If it was bader he would have a better chance with his wrestling. So given rua would fight how he wanted then. It would make more sense if you get me

He is 33 lads if he has hope of been a name in the company he does not have time to waste as his explosiveness could possibly start to slow down in the next 2 years so needs to make his haye while the sun still shines. That been said was very very impressed with the way he handled Jimmo I didnt really know much about him before just that he was a tough guy and rank 1 in UK but I certainly know him well enough now to say he will reach top 5 imo in the next 2 years. Id fancy seeing him against Shogun then if he wins give him Dan Henderson or Glover Teixeira then a fight against whoever is holding rank 2 to 3 which should be Jones Gus and Daniel Cormier and if he wins that he gets his shot. Mentioned Tex after Shogun as I expect Tex to be possibly between rank 6 and 4 by the time they would fight. If that's the route he took then he will have a good chance of cracking it as he should be 35 which is a make or break age for a fighter of his style imo.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 27-10-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

James Te Huna is a perfect fight for him I reckon. A very tough guy and a very respected LHW.

Just watching the replay of the fights last night and with all due respect I don't know if he's ready for a guy like Shogun, he looked tentative in the fight last night IMO and a guy like Jimmo isn't near the top ten.

Dana White fancies Thiago Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Dana White fancies Thiago Silva.
    That would be a war....
    Im gona come at you like a SPIDERMONKEY.....you hear that a SPIDERMONKEY

^ Agreed it would be a good stand up fight. Silva is hard as nails.