Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jimi manuwa

Who else would people like to see him up against then? Te huna is a good shout actually

He's beaten 3 tough guys already time to move forward imo. Would rather him fight te huna than silva, it's an easier fight no doubt. If he beats either if those then the fight after should be against a top ten fighter. I'd imagine silva is currently top ten?

Thiago isn't ranked in the UFC's Top 10.

I like Jimi and want him to do well. I think he has bags of self belief which have got him to where he is right now. However, I think he is going to get exposed by anyone in the top 10 of that division. Anyone in any division is tough fight in the UFC. Youre in the UFC for a reason. Youre tough and youre a good fighter.
    ''All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice''

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Dana White fancies Thiago Silva.
    yeah, i noticed that he licks his lips after saying his name.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    I like Jimi and want him to do well. I think he has bags of self belief which have got him to where he is right now. However, I think he is going to get exposed by anyone in the top 10 of that division. Anyone in any division is tough fight in the UFC. Youre in the UFC for a reason. Youre tough and youre a good fighter.
    I've got the same concerns when he steps up, though until he fights one of the top guys none of us know.

He has ridiculous power, and can hurt anyone in the division, that is definately in his favour. Jimmo is a tough guy with a lot of skills and power, yet Jimmi looked calm and in total control for the length of the fight. His output definately decreased in the 2nd so cardio may be a concern if he cant put a guy away, which is more likely against the best in the division. As mentioned earlier, Te Huna is a good fight though I think Jimmi beats him, Thiago Silva is a real litmus test! If he can go in there and beat him, or even put him away, then bring on the top ten. Id rather see him fight Te Huna first who will still provide a hell of a test

Silva or Te Huna , both good shouts for the next step for him, if he deals with them easily then another step up will be on the cards... I think he probably could go through Shogun as it stands but then it pushes him right near the top of the division, where one of those two gives even more of an idea if he is actually ready for someone like Shogun and then a bigger name again. 2 more fights against decent competition and then if he's convincing it will be time. Though to be fair I did wonder if Gusto was going in too soon against Jones and maybe a top tier opponent might push him and bring his absolute best out.... hard to say without hindsight.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

He beat a fellow Canadian, so he is forever on my shit list

Seriously though, he needs to fight someone in the lower level top 10. Definitly needs to be tested in his next fight.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!