Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who so far is the British G.O.A.T

Im going to possibly change my mind and put Lee Murray s name out there He won his only UFC fight in 1 minute 48 seconds of the first round Jorge Rivera who was no can look at his record only really lost to quality opponents including Mike Bisping Martin Kampmann Anderson Silva and Rich Franklin. Also the way Murray took Anderson the distance and really held his own and this was only 2 years before Silvas huge UFC run. So yea Murray definitely deserves a mention as who knows what could of been.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

I would have to say Bisping.

And just for kicks, I searched best American cricket player. No names came up. lol.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Im going to possibly change my mind and put Lee Murray s name out there He won his only UFC fight in 1 minute 48 seconds of the first round Jorge Rivera who was no can look at his record only really lost to quality opponents including Mike Bisping Martin Kampmann Anderson Silva and Rich Franklin. Also the way Murray took Anderson the distance and really held his own and this was only 2 years before Silvas huge UFC run. So yea Murray definitely deserves a mention as who knows what could of been.
    On that basis , Mark Weir would have a claim for his UFC 38 performance
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Bisping has been fighting top guys for years with only a few losses; It has to be Mike. After that I would have to say Brad as once again he is one of the very few British fighters in the top ten, fighting and beating some of the best in the world

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    I would have to say Bisping.

And just for kicks, I searched best American cricket player. No names came up. lol.
    Bam Bam Weekes was born in Boston and scored 137 for the West Indies against England at the Oval in 1939.

USA v Canada in 1844 was the first ever international cricket match and probably the first international match in any sport
    www.bloodyrevolution.wordpress.com

Surprised no-one said him yet, I'm going with Ian Freeman

The Machine was the first Brit in the UK. Fought all over the world before MMA had taken off. And still going strong today.

I though about Freeman but discounted him as the standard back then were "lower" and the generally the fighters weren't was well rounded. That said I would probably still rate him in our top 5 beat UK fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSteroidsHere View Post
    I though about Freeman but discounted him as the standard back then were "lower" and the generally the fighters weren't was well rounded. That said I would probably still rate him in our top 5 beat UK fighters.
    Not having a go, but by that reasoning you don't rate Sakuraba, Royce etc?

I do rate them, as in the same way I would rate footballers of the past but MMA (and football) have changed and I don't think they would last nowadays.

John Hathaway has to be up there. 26 years old and 7-1 in the UFC.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.