Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who so far is the British G.O.A.T

Paul Daley gotta be up there

Bisping has to be. Best record against top opponents.

James Zikic

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post

Would of picked Bisping but he messed that up big time vs Henderson.
    Messed up big time? Dan Henderson hits like a truck. Wanderlei Silva suffered a very similar ko at the hands of Dan too and he ko'd Fedor which many people consider the GOAT. (Not having a pop)

It's not an easy pick this one; I would say Bisping or maybe Dan Hardy, a good case can be made for both. Brad Pickett is a pretty decent shout as well. Now he's gone down another weight cat, he may even win the title and then it would be easy to choose.

Bisping or Pickett for me.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Bisping by a mile.

Lol at the Hardy and Pearson shouts. Bisping and Pickett are the only ones who could put up a decent challenge to the guys at the top of their divisions. Hathaway hopefully will get there aswell. probably a couple im forgetting about at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Paralyser View Post
    Bisping by a mile.

Lol at the Hardy and Pearson shouts. Bisping and Pickett are the only ones who could put up a decent challenge to the guys at the top of their divisions. Hathaway hopefully will get there aswell. probably a couple im forgetting about at the moment.

He seems to choke against anybody towards the top 5 of his division. Plus do you have any idea how much shit us Brits got from the Americans after the Henderson fight lol. I really like Bisping but see him as a gatekeeper.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    He seems to choke against anybody towards the top 5 of his division. Plus do you have any idea how much shit us Brits got from the Americans after the Henderson fight lol. I really like Bisping but see him as a gatekeeper.
    Pearson hasn't beaten a top 5 guy either. The only top 5 guy Pearson has fought is Swanson. Pearson put a decent fight up to his credit.

K1 Grand Prix champ, Dream and Strikeforce Champion. Born in Britain:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-...-title-1381090

Bisping for me, with Pickett being the nearest challenger.

It's hard to rank Murray/Freeman but I do think they may both of been more naturally gifted than Bisping, just a shame they didn't come along 10 years later.

I don't see any of our current crop taking over Bisping either, although I'd give Manuwa the best chance. I rate Hathaway highly and he's young enough but I just dont see him ever improving to an elite level.

It's a shame, we've had so many naturally talented fighters (Freeman, Murray, Daley) and so many fighters who have the perfect mind set (Bisping, Hardy, Hathaway, Watson) but no one seems to tick both boxes to a high level yet. As I said. I'd say Manuwa might be our best chance but however good he gets, he could of always of been so much better if he got in to it at a younger age.

I think the guy to take over Bisping as the GOAT British fighter, isn't even known yet.
    Last edited by hairymachine; 02-11-2013 at 04:26 AM.