Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: froch vs groves

Default froch vs groves

Just watched ringside with both fighters as guests. Liked groves because of the way he handled all the trash talk when he fought de gale but he came across like a dick when facing froch in studio.Think deep down he seems scared and froch looks ready to destroy him right there. This could be a very painful lesson for young groves. Also splitting from adam booth wont have done him any favours. Silly boy!

Splitting from Adam Booth seems strange at this point (I'm sure there is a reason) and there is no doubt Booth is one of the best guys in the business to have in your corner if you need to implement a certain game plan.

I personally think Groves seems calm and collected, Froch seems pissed and gotten to. I'm a Froch fan but he is coming accross as very arrogant, I dont see what George has done wrong other than having confidence in his own ability. I think Froch is still pissed that he sparred with Kesller before their last fight

I can see an upset in this fight. Groves is alot better than most think and stylistically this is a good fight for him. Carl can be outboxed, we've seen it before with Dirrell, Taylor and ward and I think thats exactly what groves will do; fight on the backfoot and box him. He's quick, has good movement and footwork and has an excellant range of punches/combinations. If the fight ends early it will definately be Carl keeping the belt, if it goes the distance then there will be a new champion. i cant wait for this fight and having a cheeky bet on Groves winning a UD

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Splitting from Adam Booth seems strange at this point (I'm sure there is a reason) and there is no doubt Booth is one of the best guys in the business to have in your corner if you need to implement a certain game plan.

I personally think Groves seems calm and collected, Froch seems pissed and gotten to. I'm a Froch fan but he is coming accross as very arrogant, I dont see what George has done wrong other than having confidence in his own ability. I think Froch is still pissed that he sparred with Kesller before their last fight

I can see an upset in this fight. Groves is alot better than most think and stylistically this is a good fight for him. Carl can be outboxed, we've seen it before with Dirrell, Taylor and ward and I think thats exactly what groves will do; fight on the backfoot and box him. He's quick, has good movement and footwork and has an excellant range of punches/combinations. If the fight ends early it will definately be Carl keeping the belt, if it goes the distance then there will be a new champion. i cant wait for this fight and having a cheeky bet on Groves winning a UD
    Agree with bits of this but the bit about not seeing what groves has done wrong???? I watched ringside and in the last 10 monutes he was bang out of order. Watch the bit where hes asking froch if hes gonnae cry. I just thot it was unprofessional from a guy who was on the receiving end of the verbals from de gale. He should really know better. I dont have anything against groves actually was rooting for him against de gale but he went down in my estimation after this

Froch just looked like he was thinking he couldnt wait to snot the shit out of him....bit like dealing with a gobby child - can't hit him whilst the camera's are rolling...

Froch will tool him I think, its too soon for Groves this fight.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomtie View Post
    Watch the bit where hes asking froch if hes gonnae cry.
    No fucking way. That is disrespectful.
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

Was he close to crying?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    Was he close to crying?
    He was close to taking his head off!!! Really surprised at this from groves gonnae be awesone fight when froch gets unleashed on him

Carl was referring to him as a kid for most of the interview do you not think that is disrespectful. I think froch is gotten to, I really do. In all the interviews I've seen groves has been confident in his own ability and sees areas he can exploit. There's nothing wrong with that. With froch it's 'I'm an elite fighter, fought the best there is, you're a kid you're gonna get ko'd, you don't deserve to be in the ring with me'! He actually said to George he didn't deserve the shot, you're telling me that's not disrespectful?

I'm sitting on the fence in this fight, I like both fighters, I just get the feeling that George has the skills to keep Carl at bay and fight his fight. If he can't then he will get stopped

The difference is if the cameras werent there u could imagine carl would still be referring to him as a kid and in carls head he probably believes groves is a kid in the boxing sense. But groves seemed to be playing up to the cameras if they werent there I could almost guarantee he widnae be asking carl if he was gonnae cry. It all seemed a bit audley harrison fae groves. Maybe it is part of his plan I just felt it was unnecessary and bit cartoony.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtie View Post
    It all seemed a bit audley harrison
    whoa, brutal assessment haha