Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: --RUMOR-- UFC London in March New main event: Jimi Manuwa vs. Alexander Gustafsson.

Not a good fight for Jimmi yet. I think Jimmi is awesome, but I want to see him progress naturally instead of being rushed! Te Huna next would make sense.

Give him Thiago Silva and let them smash the fuck out of each other.

I don't see the point in this fight either. Give him mid level striker.

Call my cynical but I don't think the point of this fight is anything to do with Manuwa, this is purely about giving Gustafsson a high profile win over a well regarded & undefeated fighter before getting the rematch with Jones.

However Jimi has the power & ability to seriously screw up Dana's plans.

Manuwa by KO haha

Quote Originally Posted by moogie101 View Post
    However Jimi has the power & ability to seriously screw up Dana's plans.
    if this is the case i cannot see how it will screw up Dana's plans, its a win win. Gustafasson wins, then he's beaten an undefeated fighter and puts him back in with a title shot. If Manuwa wins, Dana has a new UK/Euopean Poster Boy ( minus the pun)
    Web - www.valleyofkings.co.uk Twitter - vokmma

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

^nicely done haha
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Woogaz View Post
    if this is the case i cannot see how it will screw up Dana's plans, its a win win. Gustafasson wins, then he's beaten an undefeated fighter and puts him back in with a title shot. If Manuwa wins, Dana has a new UK/Euopean Poster Boy ( minus the pun)
    The point I was trying to make is that obviously a Jimi win would be great for him, and see his career skyrocket.but there would be more interest in a Gust/Jones rematch than Jones vs. Manuwa.

Crocop vs. Gonzaga was over here. Gonzaga wins in a great upset when clearly the UFC had been looking to make Randy vs. Crocop. The Gonzaga title fight did well, but a Crocop/ Couture fight would have done bigger business.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

fair to say frb talkalotta boolsheet? none of the big sites have picked this up (SD/weekly/junkie)
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Im firmly on the Jimi hype train now and fully expect him to ko gus then Jones.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000