Thread: Safe MMA Resolution Of Cage Warriors 60 Incident

Hybrid View

Default Safe MMA Resolution Of Cage Warriors 60 Incident

Safe MMA have released a statement regarding the incident from CWFC 60, and their conclusions from looking into it:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...0-incident.htm

IV is deemed to be a bad way to rehydrate after a weight cut?
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Quote Originally Posted by The Gimp View Post
    Dont really understand much of it as have never cut weight. But surely if doctor has administered the IV it should be considered safe. Im sure the doctor has enough medical knowledge of such things and since cage warriors actually use the doctor his reputation is not been called into question. It is another grey area if the fighter doesnt turn up for pre fight medical the day before when the other 23 fighters have took the time to but good to see we have people like safe mna overlooking situations like this at the end of the day the most important thing is the fighters safety and these rules and regulations are put in place to ensure this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gimp View Post
    It's a thorny issue with arguments on both sides. The most basic argument from the 'bad' side is that if you need a bag of fluid pumped directly into your veins, then you've put your body through too much during weight cut and shouldn't really be fighting.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong (as many of you may be aware, I'm not a doctor :-p), but that's how it's looked at from the 'bad' camp, I believe.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.