Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Hendo loses against Vitor, what do you think happens?

Default If Hendo loses against Vitor, what do you think happens?

1. He get's cut for losing 3 straight and being old?
    2. He doesn't get cut and remains in the top 10 in the world?
    3. He retires?

Just curious to what people think?

I personally think he'll KO Vitor!!

GOAT.

Its his last fight on his contract so they won't re sign him if he loses
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Vitor gets the shot if he wins
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Quote Originally Posted by The Gimp View Post
    Its his last fight on his contract so they won't re sign him if he loses
    What about if it's a split decision... Do you think that changes anything or do you think the manner of which the fights went will swing it?

I personally think that he won the Machida fight and the Evans fight should have been at least a draw but thats just me. I am a Hendo fan so may be slightly biased and lean more towards him.

1 or 3 for me, a loss kills any hope of a title shot noting his age and the time it would take to get back to one..
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

As mentioned, Hendo's deal is up after this fight. Usually the UFC will look to re-up at this point, but Hendo is on a two-fight skid (regardless of what you think of the results) and is 43 years old. He wants a four-fight deal, and is on a basic of $250,000 per fight on his current contract.

If he wins, the UFC will make him an offer. If he doesn't....unless its another Shogun/Hendo type fight, they likely wont.

He's in a tough spot - last year he was a whisker away from fighting for the title, now he's coming off two losses. For the UFC it's a case of 'what do we do with him?'. They're not stuck for options at the top right now, with Cormier and Gustafsson probably getting the next two cracks. It could be that he's too expensive a hobby.

People will make the Couture comparison and although he has a nostalgic following, Hendo is no Couture when it comes to popularity and the interest he can generate.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Bellator probably need someone to fight Rampage on PPV now Tito is dead again, wouldnt be surprised if the UFC make him at best an offer below his current pay even if he wins - they don't really need Hendo but Bellator probably do..
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Iv really changed my tune with Henderson id love him to stay I think Uncle Dana will sign him for the fans providing he either has a epic 3 round war with Vitor or he actually beats him.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

He's a massive name. If he loses surely he would remain a decent draw to bolster any card.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    He's a massive name. If he loses surely he would remain a decent draw to bolster any card.
    Give him Bisping I say.