Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bellator release Ben Askren!

Hybrid View

Default Bellator release Ben Askren!

On route to the UFC to see how he does?

Do you think Dana will want him...

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Dana will blank him out of spite/sight
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

why? he should get his shot if he deserves it. no matter if dana doesnt like him.
    James MacAlister BW pro 7-2-0 DNFT#1

Quote Originally Posted by james macalister View Post
    why? he should get his shot if he deserves it. no matter if dana doesnt like him.
    two reasons

1) he went to town on ben saying he was boring. it's difficult to climb out of that one. he said Fedor wasn't the best but still tried to sign him, that's different to saying 'when ambien [night nurse lol] can't sleep it takes ben askren'
    2) if Bjorn releases him pretty much so he can go to the UFC, Dana might just blank him rather than do what Bjorn expects/prompts him to.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I think he'll talk his way in, he's been calling out GSP for ages. Throw him in there with anyone ranked 3-7 and see what happens.

If Dana does not sign him its for all the wrong reasons.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    If Dana does not sign him its for all the wrong reasons.
    If he doesn't sign him it's probably for the same reason Bellator are letting him go so easily. He is a boring fighter and not a lot will pay to see him fight.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    If he doesn't sign him it's probably for the same reason Bellator are letting him go so easily. He is a boring fighter and not a lot will pay to see him fight.
    He is a boring fighter and this is one thing that is an issue for Dana. I think he is definately a top ten WW but he's not going to beat the guys at the top of the tree. For me Id be happy for them not to sign him as I've no interest in watching his fights

Yep, that or they won't sign him straight away and he will be stuck for an org, then the UFC can pay him pittance and work him up the ladder to a title shot more slowly, if they sign him straight away its more likely they will pay decent money and need to throw him in with a contender... and I dont think Dana wants Ben holding the belt, its like having GSP without the marketing ability...

I'd like to see him in the UFC regardless personally, if he is that good at one thing, lets see him put it to the test in the UFC - him v GSP b Koscheck in a triple thread blanket matchup I say!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    if he is that good at one thing, lets see him put it to the test in the ufc!
    Personally I agree. Gsp would batter him just like he'll beat the better wrestler in Hendricks. Due to riddum.