Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The official robbery thread ufc 167

Some of these comments disgust me Grizzly your a hardcore mma fan and your scoring it 48-48 are you fucking kidding me Jonny had him in all kinds of trouble on the feet and dominated the wrestling and even cage control. You seem a decent guy but comon man no way did Gsp deserve to keep his title have you seen his face it tells the story bro. Gsp got the crap kicked out of him and even Dana himself called it a the worst robbery ever.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Doesn't matter what your face looks like. GSP always looks bruised a la Diaz, Shields even a bit against Condit.

I honestly had it 48-48 I wouldn't have been surprised if Hendricks won but I'm not surprised GSP has won.

I'm literally going to re watch it now and I'll edit in the round scores... See if I have it different.

Round 1: (last night 10-10) right now, GSP 10-9 JH.
    They come out, GSP take down and sub attempt, back up and GSP controls against the fence. Reversal and takedown for JH, back up and JH controls against the fence. They separate and GSP pushes the pace with kicks but both land shots. They cuddle for a bit and both land knees but separate again. GSP comes forward and lands the better/more shots. Bit scrappy towards the end of the round.

Round 2: (last night 9-10) right now, GSP 9-10 JH.
    The last two and half minutes GSP actually gets the better of the striking in parts but JH landed heavy, pressured GSP, and got the better of the round.

Round 3: (last night 10-9) right now, GSP 10-9 JH.
    They exchange early, GSP pushes forward landing shots and a kick, both throw shots with GSP getting the better in. JH comes forward, GSP jabs him away. GSP keeps the centre and comes forward pushing JH back. GSP keeps coming forward and lands shots. Punches land shows its in favour of GSP. The final two minutes they basically circle off landing shots before JH gets a takedown but does nothing with it. GSP up and they cuddle.

Round 4: (last night 9-10) right now, GSP 9-10 JH.
    GSP comes forward and gets in the cleaner shots. Exchange gets a little better with GSP still landing cleaner. GSP stumbles and JH jumps on him.
    JH spends a minute on top landing shots, not hard or clean but landing. Back up and GSP pushes forward jabbing away at JH. Messy exchange both land. GSP pushes to the fence but JH reverses and does the same. JH can't get the TD and GSP controls again. JH reverses and leans on him. Close round because bar the minute JH spends on top, the better of the round was all GSP. I've gone for JH but wouldn't be surprised if GSP got it.

Round 5: (last night 10-9) right now, GSP 10-9 JH.
    GSP starts better landing a head kick and jab, he clinches and looks for the takedown and cuddles landing more shots than JH. GSP pushes to the fence before JH reverses and does more of the same. JH tries a kimura but fails, back standing. Body kick, shots and takedown for GSP. They have a breather as GSP pushes to the fence. JH reverses and does more of the same. Reversal after reversal against the fence. They break, GSP lands better and then pushes to the fence. GSP gets the takedown and pushes to the fence as JH gets up and reverses to push against the fence. GSP goes for the kimura.

Having re watched it then I scored it GSP 48-47 JH. Correct decision IMO.
    Last edited by Grizzly.; 17-11-2013 at 02:36 PM.

I think gsp landed more but the more significant strikes were landed by Jonny.takedowns were about even,Jonny hurt gsp with his stand up a few times,controlled the octagon for most of the fight and did more damage. That why I think Jonny should have won. I scored it last night 3-1 in Jimmy's favour with the fifth round going either way so thought we were gonna see a new champ. Abit gutted that we didn't
    Twitter @ricbrad

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Doesn't matter what your face looks like. GSP always looks bruised a la Diaz, Shields even a bit against Condit.

I honestly had it 48-48 I wouldn't have been surprised if Hendricks won but I'm not surprised GSP has won.
    Pretty much how i saw it too

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Some of these comments disgust me Grizzly your a hardcore mma fan and your scoring it 48-48 are you fucking kidding me Jonny had him in all kinds of trouble on the feet and dominated the wrestling and even cage control. You seem a decent guy but comon man no way did Gsp deserve to keep his title have you seen his face it tells the story bro. Gsp got the crap kicked out of him and even Dana himself called it a the worst robbery ever.
    I had the 1st to Hendricks because he landed the only significant strikes in the round. In fact he was the only one that landed anything significant in the whole fight! The 1st can be scored as a draw at best so it's not a robbery, but the scoring system, once again, has a guy that has been beaten up, keeping the belt over another guy who landed nothing more than jabs and a few kicks.. The problem is the judging and the scoring criteria is bollocks for mma. Only a biased Gsp fan will even attempt to argue in favour if him winning that fight. Everyone knows he fckin lost however you want to view or score the fight

lol. They obviously can't strip him because of the decision.

Strip if he is going to be out for a while, but not cause it was a bad decision. lol.

Definitly not the worst decision I have ever seen in my life, but I had Hendricks 48-47. Hendricks/Hendricks/GSP/Hendricks/GSP
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

First of all I think hendricks won the fight 48-47 but come on ppl its no the worst decision weve seen in our life???? It was a split decision 1 of the judges scored it for hendricks too remember. Its not like were all saying it was 50-45 hendricks and he was robbed seemd to be centred on how u scored the first round. Gsp seemed to be one step behind all fight tho like his head wasnt in it. Just wonder how much his " personal problems" affected his performance. Hendricks proved he was legit tho and sets up a great rematch

I thought GSP won if you follow the scoring criteria. Hendricks won round 1 and 4. Round 3 and 5 GSP. The 2nd round is the one up for grabs; Hendricks had him rocked, badly but that was very early on for the remaining 3 to 3 and half minutes GSP picked him off. Hendricks faded quite badly in most of the rounds and was throwing pot shots towards the end. He took round 4 because of the takedown but started to gas at the end of that round too. I've criticised the shit out of GSP for years, wanted him to lose that fight and am gutted he won. GSP took some hard shots, it's probably the most i've ever been impressed with him.

It's also very easy to make a case for a Hendricks win mind, I would not have thought it was a robbery if he had got the nod. It's funny people had to beg guys like Liddell or Wanderlei (who refuses to retire) but GSP wants out, it's obvious. He would jump at a UFC ambassadors job like the one that Liddell seemed reluctant to accept.

I agree with people saying that this is no where close to the worst decision of all time. People saying that need to watch more MMA fights.

I don't think this is one of the 5 worst decisions this year, and I doubt it makes my top 50 all time.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!