Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The official robbery thread ufc 167

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I'm literally going to re watch it now and I'll edit in the round scores... See if I have it different.

Round 1: (last night 10-10) right now, GSP 10-9 JH.
    They come out, GSP take down and sub attempt, back up and GSP controls against the fence. Reversal and takedown for JH, back up and JH controls against the fence. They separate and GSP pushes the pace with kicks but both land shots. They cuddle for a bit and both land knees but separate again. GSP comes forward and lands the better/more shots. Bit scrappy towards the end of the round.

Round 2: (last night 9-10) right now, GSP 9-10 JH.
    The last two and half minutes GSP actually gets the better of the striking in parts but JH landed heavy, pressured GSP, and got the better of the round.

Round 3: (last night 10-9) right now, GSP 10-9 JH.
    They exchange early, GSP pushes forward landing shots and a kick, both throw shots with GSP getting the better in. JH comes forward, GSP jabs him away. GSP keeps the centre and comes forward pushing JH back. GSP keeps coming forward and lands shots. Punches land shows its in favour of GSP. The final two minutes they basically circle off landing shots before JH gets a takedown but does nothing with it. GSP up and they cuddle.

Round 4: (last night 9-10) right now, GSP 9-10 JH.
    GSP comes forward and gets in the cleaner shots. Exchange gets a little better with GSP still landing cleaner. GSP stumbles and JH jumps on him.
    JH spends a minute on top landing shots, not hard or clean but landing. Back up and GSP pushes forward jabbing away at JH. Messy exchange both land. GSP pushes to the fence but JH reverses and does the same. JH can't get the TD and GSP controls again. JH reverses and leans on him. Close round because bar the minute JH spends on top, the better of the round was all GSP. I've gone for JH but wouldn't be surprised if GSP got it.

Round 5: (last night 10-9) right now, GSP 10-9 JH.
    GSP starts better landing a head kick and jab, he clinches and looks for the takedown and cuddles landing more shots than JH. GSP pushes to the fence before JH reverses and does more of the same. JH tries a kimura but fails, back standing. Body kick, shots and takedown for GSP. They have a breather as GSP pushes to the fence. JH reverses and does more of the same. Reversal after reversal against the fence. They break, GSP lands better and then pushes to the fence. GSP gets the takedown and pushes to the fence as JH gets up and reverses to push against the fence. GSP goes for the kimura.

Having re watched it then I scored it GSP 48-47 JH. Correct decision IMO.
    This is exactly how I saw it on a second watch.
    LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin

Judges are shite but coupled with the current scoring criteria it's a fucking lottery.
    How much weight is given to damage inflicted? Is a takedown scored the same if its used to pass, g&p or even control, as a takedown when a fighter is on his back for a few seconds? What happens if you take centre,push pace yet you're the 1 getting blasted in the face more? Judging/scoring right now is a complete farce and even a sudden victory round would make more sense right now- with the current setup, it should be kept as far away from the judges hands as possible.
    Gotta feel for Bigrig man

Well something needs doing with the judges and scoring criteria as Hendricks clearly got the better of him in fighting terms which is what should count.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Post-Decision tweets

Carlos Condit - "W T F.... Worst decision EVER"

Michael Chiesa - "What a joke. A fucking joke. NSAC should be disgusted."

Jamie Varner - "Wow that is garbage! @JohnyHendricks won that fight!"

Tim Kennedy - "One guy looks like he got run over by a big rig and the other guy looks like he went for a run. Bad decision. "

Tim Kennedy - "Dear Nevada Athletic Commission, Decisions like this is how you killed boxing. Don't kill my sport."

Ben Askren - "So I guess that makes me the undefeated, undisputed champion of the welterweight division."

Mchael Carroll "Hendricks' 85 significant strikes landed are the most St-Pierre has absorbed in a UFC fight."

Pat Miletich - "The 20th anniversary of the the UFC is tainted by the worst judging decision in the history of the sport. F'ing clowns."

Pat Milteich - "This is what happens when you have people who sell insurance by day and judge by night. The judges need to be fired!"

Jimi Manuwa - "I'm not being funny but johnny Hendricks won that fight."

CB Dolloway - "Wow I feel for Hendricks right now ! Man no way you lost that fight man !!!"

Siyar the Great - "What?!"

Brad Tavares - "I honestly thought Hendricks would get the nod"

Ben Saunders - "Damn.... I feel so bad for @JohnyHendricks & @TeamTakeDown But I know as much as they do... that he will own that strap real soon! "

Urijah Faber - "Best 3 out of 5 judging system could work. 5 judges, majority wins. Then start eliminating judges that always blow it. @ufc @danawhite"

Sarah Kaufman - "GSP gets a split decision but that's insane! Hendricks won that fight #ufc167"

Todd Duffee - "Robbery"

Lorenz Larkin - "that's fucking bullshit"

James Krause - "Can we please get an open scoring system?!"

James Krause - "That makes me sick to my stomach man. #UFC167"

James Krause - "If everyone only knew the hard work and dedication fighters go through to be ripped off by someone who knows nothing of the sport."

Jimmy Smith - "I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT!?!? WTF!?!?"

Kenny Robertson - "wow, ufc you need new refs.... #BULLSHIT"

Dan Henderson - "I'm not really liking the judges this year. I thought Hendricks did great."

Shannon Knapp - "I bet @JohnyHendricks literally feels like he fought the great fight & when the fight was over, he got his teeth kicked out. He got my vote."

Evgeni Kogan - "In my opinion, and taking into consideration the importance and prominence of the fight, this was the single worst decision in MMA, ever.

Diego Sanchez - "great fight @JohnyHendricks you got that out worked the champ over 5 rounds."

Douglas Lima - "Fighter's worst enemy are the judges! Guaranteed wins only with a finish!"

Kenny Robertson - "Johnny I can't even express how saddened I am for you. You know you won and so does the intelligent world."

Ramsey Nijem - "Worse decision ever!!!!!"

Cub Swanson - "I had Hendricks winning 3-2 ��"

Vinny Magalhaes - "Hmmmm interesting... YOU MMA JUDGES CAN SUCK A HUGE ****!"

Phillipe Nover - "Wait... Wtf!!"

Nathan Diaz - "?"

Karl Amoussou - "Biggest robbery i've ever seen..."

Sara Mcmann - "I am so disappointed in the judging. I have absolute respect for GSP but he got beat in that fight. Johnny deserved that win"

Brian Melancon - "10-9 scoring is the problem. We need to implement 1/2 point systems to take in account the magnitude that each round is won by!"

War Machine - "Come on @joerogan just say the TRUTH! The judges SUCK!!!! Oh man, I can see you wanna say it so bad!!! Hahahaha!"

Darren Elkins - "How the hell did GSP win that fight! Horrible Decision!"

Manny Gamburyan - "Trust me Johnny I feel you keep your head up @ufc @danawhite"

Cole Miller - "I agree with @JohnyHendricks he won that fight."

TJ Dillashaw - "So disappointing that judging of Mma is becoming so controversial. Hendricks won that fight!!"

Trevor Smith - "The worst decision in @ufc history! Good thing GSP doesn't remember much of it."

Scott Jorgenson - "WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Danillo Villefort - "WTF???"

Dustin Pague - "Boo that call"

Tony Ferguson - "Bullllllllllshhhhhhhhhhh wow... Ya know ... Great job to both fighters"

Mackens Semerzier - "Company man wins again #BusinessAsUsual #UFC167 #GSP"

Aaron Simpson - "Wow. Horrible decision. Absolutely horrible @ufc Johnny won that."

Clint Hester - "Wow!!! I had Hendrix winning that one!!!"

Joe Duarte - "That decision was bullshit!!! @ufc @JohnyHendricks won that fight"

Dennis Bermudez - "Really ?"

Yves Edwards - "I think GSP is the greatest of this era, I had Hendricks winning 1,2,&4 but I can see the GSP win also. Great fight."

Aaron Riley - "It was a good fight but not a good decision."

John Dodson III - "WOW Really #UFC167"

Kim - "Hendricks got robbed"

Daniel Cormier - "If this is last fight for @GeorgesStPierre I am so sad. I wish I never asked a retirement ? We will miss him when he's gone."

I Personally dont think it was as bad as most people are making out. After watching it again its super close.

But need to take into consideration the damage and the fact that hendricks had him wobbling at one point. How much of a factor does that score?
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

Talking

Some of you guys really new to remember it's not about getting cracked with bombs...

If GSP lands 10 shots (5 jabs, 5 hooks) that's 10x better any day of the week than Hendricks landing 1 haymaker and bruising GSP.

It wasn't a robbery GSP won and if the return match happens I expect GSP to win again because now he's fought Hendricks his plan will be so much better.

Baby cakes you also need to remember that your post is irrelevant because none of them are fucking judges.

I might go through it later minute by minute and split everything up and post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Some of you guys really new to remember it's not about getting cracked with bombs...

If GSP lands 10 shots (5 jabs, 5 hooks) that's 10x better any day of the week than Hendricks landing 1 haymaker and bruising GSP.

It wasn't a robbery GSP won and if the return match happens I expect GSP to win again because now he's fought Hendricks his plan will be so much better.

Baby cakes you also need to remember that your post is irrelevant because none of them are fucking judges.

I might go through it later minute by minute and split everything up and post it here.
    Yea your right none are judges but there opinions matter more then yours mine and 95% of this forum. The 5% obviously been the high level officials promoters and fighters.

People pay to watch a fight and if after a fight the Man who hurt and controlled the other man more does not get his arm raised then we might as well all pack up and find another sport. I cant speak for others but im a fight fan and in a fight the objective is to overwhelm your opponent and beat him in all areas I feel Hendricks did that Saturday night.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 18-11-2013 at 08:37 AM.

But they don't!!! Thats the thing!!!

They're not in the fight and they're not judging. They're just fighters as we are viewers. I'll break it down later, I'll make a thread and post everything.

Ok mate not trying to discredit you or anybody else as I know a lot of you have been around the sport a lot longer then me but Saturday night I was 99% sure he had won it hell I was even out of my seat with the dog cheering. ha

That's fair enough, the only point I'm trying to get across is the fight is decided by 3 judges. 3 judges that have impaired vision at point due to camera men, ladders, cage posts and the referees. Things get missed, it happens. What makes it easy for the common fan to slate a judge is Joe and Mike constantly bigging one guy up, commenting on 'oh he's dropping bombs', it sways you, it really does. If you watch it on silent, 6-7/10 you'll see a completely different fight.