Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The official robbery thread ufc 167

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    That's fair enough, the only point I'm trying to get across is the fight is decided by 3 judges. 3 judges that have impaired vision at point due to camera men, ladders, cage posts and the referees. Things get missed, it happens. What makes it easy for the common fan to slate a judge is Joe and Mike constantly bigging one guy up, commenting on 'oh he's dropping bombs', it sways you, it really does. If you watch it on silent, 6-7/10 you'll see a completely different fight.

Agree with the Rogan comment that's why I often find its good to watch with some music playing the next day and sometimes its a totally different fight. That been said Rogan is a fan at heart and just calls it as a lot of us would been in the situation.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Here is the fight for you guys who didn't watch it or do not have bt sport. Will take link down after 12 hours.

http://fightvideo.mmaktfo.com/2013/1...hendricks.html

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Some of these comments disgust me Grizzly your a hardcore mma fan and your scoring it 48-48 are you fucking kidding me Jonny had him in all kinds of trouble on the feet and dominated the wrestling and even cage control. You seem a decent guy but comon man no way did Gsp deserve to keep his title have you seen his face it tells the story bro. Gsp got the crap kicked out of him and even Dana himself called it a the worst robbery ever.
    you disgust me. you're a joke. he's entitled to an opinion, a judges decision is about interpretation and opinion is it not. it urks me that you play the victim so well but coat someone off so quickly as soon as you don't agree with something they post. if you're going to be so opinionated, do it quietly.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    you disgust me. you're a joke. he's entitled to an opinion, a judges decision is about interpretation and opinion is it not. it urks me that you play the victim so well but coat someone off so quickly as soon as you don't agree with something they post. if you're going to be so opinionated, do it quietly.
    Im clearly having a joke with him iv been the butt of jokes myself it happens. If its your rag day today then please bleed quietly so I can continue to be happy and post my opinions on a MMA forum which is what its here for thank you x

I think the Sergio pettis fight was worse scored than this. Other dude 100% won round 2. Spent half of round 3 in top position. Do could have took it with them 2 rounds. Defo not a 30-27 fight

The fact is the scoring needs to be looked at. Round by round it was close though the overwhelming majority seem to to score the 1st to Hendricks, as did I. This is a fight at the end of the day; 1 fighter was beaten up, the other wasn't. The 10 point system doesn't work for MMA yet no one has come up with a better way of scoring. We are left with decisions in fights like Sanchez/Kampmann where 1 guy dominmates a round and smashes his opponent, loses the other 2 by the smallest of margins yet still loses the fights. There are plenty of other examples of this. I dont know what the answer is but someone needs to look at it

Thoughts about Hendrick tapping in the first round? Grant Waterman reckons he did.
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by The Tez View Post
    Thoughts about Hendrick tapping in the first round? Grant Waterman reckons he did.
    I've looked at this literally 50 times!!!...

Sometimes I say he did, others I say he was defending against the hips... So close.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Baby cakes you also need to remember that your posts are all irrelevant...
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    you disgust me.
    me too
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I love it when people kick off over a judges decision. That's how the fight ended and that's the result. Get over it.
    I'm a judge myself. It's not easy. We only see what we see. We don't have the pleasure of biased commentary and fancy HD replays. We get about 30secs to decide who won a round and focus on the next one.

Individual interpretation is what judging is all about.
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.