Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The official robbery thread ufc 167

Personally I had GSP winning by one round, but said before the decision it was close & could go either way.

Really don't understand all this "worst decision EVA" BS. GSP took two round, Hendricksd took 2 & one was close that went either way depending on what you prefer. MMA has had far worse decisions.

I do find it slighty amusing how Dana White is going off on the judges.

Yet Dana scored 4 rounds to Hendricks, only giving GSP round 3.

Giving round 5 to Hendricks is far worse IMO than somebody giving GSP round 1.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by Paralyser View Post
    Keep it the same i reckon, cant beat a bit of controversy - would be pretty boring with nothing to moan about haha.
    thats all well and good for the armchair fan. say that to someone whos had blood sweat and tears for months training for that moment only to have it ripped off of them.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

its also worth noting all these people bemoaning a decision then saying they gave hendricks the fifth round - dana included.
    EVERYONE scores rounds wrongly, or differently. its the scoring system which is fundamentally flawed.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

I feel for fighters robbed on smaller shows too as them kids/guys/woman don't get a huge pay check and one crappy decision or judge can effect a career before it even begins. Iv seen crappy judging where a ju jitsu judge gives the jitz guy the nod simply because he is a jitz fan and understands what he is trying to do more then the other guy. I believe the ref situation is strong over here but id like to see more of our better judges putting more training on for up and coming judges and eventually there should be licences for judges ran by either a independent governing body lead by somebody we all trust or by one of our more experienced officials. Marc goddard is doing one now so would be nice to see more sign up.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 20-11-2013 at 07:28 AM.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    I do find it slighty amusing how Dana White is going off on the judges.

Yet Dana scored 4 rounds to Hendricks, only giving GSP round 3.

Giving round 5 to Hendricks is far worse IMO than somebody giving GSP round 1.
    This is all you need to read.