Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The official GSP "time out for personal reasons" rumour thread

I think if he decides to step away for bit its well deserved. I've always said the mental game of fighting is probably the worse thing about it.

Let alone holding a UFC title, Going through camp and all the media BS he has to do then go and fight the best guy in your weight class.
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

It's well known that GSP has had problems in the past, the thing I don't like is how Dana is pushing for the rematch. He's risking losing the best fighter in UFC history by pushing him into a fight when his head isn't in it. It's wrong.

He needs to have the rematch or it will haunt him forever.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    He needs to have the rematch or it will haunt him forever.

There are more important things in life. Once you have had enough of fighting that's it, he deserves to settle down and have a family and enjoy his money.

Quote Originally Posted by timp View Post
    There are more important things in life. Once you have had enough of fighting that's it, he deserves to settle down and have a family and enjoy his money.
    Well if that's the case he needs to just come out and make his stand and not lead us all on a merry dance. If Dana is forcing him to fight or carry on through some kind of contract then it needs to come out and Dana will get the flack. I like the guy but nobody is bigger then the sport not even Dana.

I think after a good break and a real break. A BJ Penn getting fat on the beach break. He will come back strong.

He is still young.
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Have a good read on his past issues etc it makes sense. If this is the case then yes I would recommend a good year to 2 years break. Hate the fact he won but I do kinda feel a little sorry for him if he is hurting inside as much as he looks.
    What past issues?

Quote Originally Posted by hysteresis View Post
    What past issues?
    Look at him on this first video and listen Im telling you he has Anxiety.
    http://mmakanvas.ninemsn.com.au/arti...-says-gsp.html

Or the alternative is this

Georges after the fight told Dana and the Fertitta's that the reason the fight went the way it did was because he did the random drug testing and trained clean throughout his camp, whereas his opponent did not. He told them he did everything in his power to get Hendricks on board with the random testing so they could have a clean fight, but despite his best efforts this wasn't able to go this way. Hendricks declined the testing and Georges now believes that, essentially, it's impossible to compete in the highest level of MMA without using steroids and since he is under such scrutiny at this point, where he has to undergo random drug testing to clear his name, whereas his opponent can simply decline and use all the PEDS in camp he wants, he no longer believes he is going to be able to compete on a level playing field with the competition. Basically Georges feels he has been unfairly scrutinized to the point that he is under a microscope, whereas any opponent he faces can do whatever they want because they aren't under the same level of scrutiny, and since UFC doesn't enforce any kind of across the board random testing, Georges wants out of the sport.

Hmmm yes definitely psychological problems. OCD perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by hysteresis View Post
    Hmmm yes definitely psychological problems. OCD perhaps?
    He has admitted sleeping trouble which is weird for a high level athlete who trains as much as him as one would think his diet would be adjusted to help him sleep and if thats not working all the signs point to some kind of mental health psychological issue. Im not fully qualified in that field so would be very interested for somebody who is to view the video and say what they think.