Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The official GSP "time out for personal reasons" rumour thread

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    One word mental health and after a fight like that it will make him worse hence why he looked so nerves.
    LOL classic babycakes right there.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Look at him on this first video and listen Im telling you he has Anxiety.
    http://mmakanvas.ninemsn.com.au/arti...-says-gsp.html

Or the alternative is this

Georges after the fight told Dana and the Fertitta's that the reason the fight went the way it did was because he did the random drug testing and trained clean throughout his camp, whereas his opponent did not. He told them he did everything in his power to get Hendricks on board with the random testing so they could have a clean fight, but despite his best efforts this wasn't able to go this way. Hendricks declined the testing and Georges now believes that, essentially, it's impossible to compete in the highest level of MMA without using steroids and since he is under such scrutiny at this point, where he has to undergo random drug testing to clear his name, whereas his opponent can simply decline and use all the PEDS in camp he wants, he no longer believes he is going to be able to compete on a level playing field with the competition. Basically Georges feels he has been unfairly scrutinized to the point that he is under a microscope, whereas any opponent he faces can do whatever they want because they aren't under the same level of scrutiny, and since UFC doesn't enforce any kind of across the board random testing, Georges wants out of the sport.
    And where'd you pull that from?
    GFT

He has admitted sleeping trouble which is weird for a high level athlete who trains as much as him as one would think his diet would be adjusted to help him sleep and if thats not working all the signs point to some kind of mental health psychological issue. Im not fully qualified in that field so would be very interested for somebody who is to view the video and say what they think.
    Yet you litter the thread with your opinion as to what is and what should be happening anyway though.

gsp clearly looked exhausted and mentally drained. he needs time away, he deserves that.

i like dana white but it fucks me off the way he carried on, almost slagging gsp off about wanting time off. it's easy for a man making millions off other people getting punched in the face to tell them they need to fight. he really does tred a thin line sometimes when attacking fighters and their efforts when he's never sweated it out day in day out to make it to that level, and take the beatings the likes of GSP have endured for a decade. he needs to slow down with some of the "do you walk out of your 9 to 5 job?!" comments, 9 to 5 workers don't get beaten to the point of losing vision and not remembering anything. this isn't a normal job, these aren't normal human beings.
    Last edited by londonpride; 18-11-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    Yet you litter the thread with your opinion as to what is and what should be happening anyway though.

gsp clearly looked exhausted and mentally drained. he needs time away, he deserves that.

i like dana white but it fucks me off the way he carried on, almost slagging gsp off about wanting time off. it's easy for a man making millions off other people getting punched in the face to tell them they need to fight. he really does tred a thin line sometimes when attacking fighters and their efforts when he's never sweated it out day in day out to make it to that level, and take the beatings the likes of GSP have endured for a decade. he needs to slow down with some of the "do you walk out of your 9 to 5 job?!" comments, 9 to 5 workers don't get beaten to the point of losing vision and not remembering anything. this isn't a normal job, these aren't normal human beings.
    Thats the pros and cons of fighting in the UFC. If this was Mayweather he could take off as long as he needed then picked his opponent. Unfortunately GSP will be back within 6 months fighting a super pissed off Hendricks.

Lets hope GSP can get his mind right and come back and smash him. Shut everyone up and then retire.
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

If it is anxiety or some other mental health disorder then I feel genuinely bad for GSP and hope that he can recoup and get over it, whether or not that includes coming back to the sport. My problem is that this is another episode of GSP being vague about things instead of coming out and being very clear. He has done this before when he hasn't liked the match-ups the UFC are trying to offer him (vague talk about time out and training for olympics) and in this sense him and Dana are as guilty as each other at playing hard ball.

If he has really being struggling lately then it is not so much Dana's or Zuffas fault for making him fight but the people he has around him that make decisions for him. They are the ones that should be telling him not to fight if he isnt fit.

At risk of sounding callous, his talk of not seeing properly in the fight after getting hit and not being able to recall the whole fight are not that out of the ordinary, its something we hear fighters talk about a lot.

Again, I hope he is well and perhaps even comes back to fight, but I am yet to be convinced there are any issues here other than contract negotiations.

TMZ have reported that his father is dying, and that he's knocked up some woman who is insisting on having the kid against his wishes. The 'TMZ have reported' part of that last sentence should probably be taken int account there though.

I've also been hearing rumors for a while that he's about to get hit with a massive lawsuit from Shari Spencer, his old manager. There's been a few people popping up over the past couple of day (most notably another former manager) confirming that to be the case.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

bah edit..
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Montreal's La Presse reports that GSP's father is in fine health and not at all on the verge of death as TMZ suggested.

Early Monday TMZ reported that, among other things, Georges St-Pierre's father's ill health was one of the reasons that the champion was looking to step away from the sport. Now, La Presse is reporting that those rumors are entirely without merit.

"My father is doing very well!" said Myriam St-Pierre, younger sister of Georges, "We have received many phone calls, and this rumor must stop. It is causing us pain."

"My father watches my children. He would not watch them if he was about to die," said Myriam St-Peirre, 29. She gave assurances that the sexagenarian was is great shape.

I don't know where this rumor comes from, but it's false. she said.

- Best translation via BE community memeber Ubernoober
    At the very least this casts less of a pallor over Dana White's comments that GSP's issues "aren't as bad as he thinks they are." However, Georges' sister Myriam would not go so far as to say that there was no truth in the rumor's of impending fatherhood. Stay tuned to Bloody Elbow for more info as we'll be sure to keep you updated.

I know when I want MMA news, the first place I go is TMZ.

I have heard GSP likes the ladies before, so that one wouldn't surprize me.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

So apparently GSP has got a girl pregnant and doesn't want the baby.