Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many UFC shows is too many? loads in 2014

189575 exactly.

189574 would be just fine.

I'd have been more in favour of them say keepign Strikeforce as a feeder org to the UFC, granted same principle probably applies to Fight Nights etc but feck me I am losing touch with who fought who and when and even the outcomes at times, I'd rather have Strikeforce back more for giving them a title and something to build towards, then have them move over if they defend the title - they then vacate and start again (probably much better ways of doing it but just throwing random shitty ideas out here) with new challengers for the belt and so on..

Too many events will possibly dilute the effect of the sport, when I watch boxing I have no interest in undercards anymore because I have no clue who they are, often will just have a wank til the main event kicks off... Regional shows make some sense but again, why not use established local orgs as they have done in the past to feed them the cream of their talent... It gets the brand out there but depending on ticket costs compared to local shows, might not be that much incentive to go see a localised UFC show if its just local lads on it and the ticket is three times what you would have paid to go see say OMMAC or something..
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    ( just throwing random shitty ideas out here)..
    haha that's my internet existence.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Same here dude, though I doubt some of mine can even be called ideas....just throwin shit around the internets til its full!

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    I'd have been more in favour of them say keepign Strikeforce as a feeder org to the UFC, granted same principle probably applies to Fight Nights etc but feck me I am losing touch with who fought who and when and even the outcomes at times, I'd rather have Strikeforce back more for giving them a title and something to build towards, then have them move over if they defend the title - they then vacate and start again (probably much better ways of doing it but just throwing random shitty ideas out here) with new challengers for the belt and so on..

Too many events will possibly dilute the effect of the sport, when I watch boxing I have no interest in undercards anymore because I have no clue who they are, often will just have a wank til the main event kicks off... Regional shows make some sense but again, why not use established local orgs as they have done in the past to feed them the cream of their talent... It gets the brand out there but depending on ticket costs compared to local shows, might not be that much incentive to go see a localised UFC show if its just local lads on it and the ticket is three times what you would have paid to go see say OMMAC or something..
    i thought it was me who seemed to not recognise a lot of the fighters or remember the previous fights recently. used to know detail about every fighter on a card, they're certainly expanding rapidly. but that can't be a bad thing. although i agree they shouldn't dilute it too much.

there top 10 in each division should be easily recogniseable at least, 7 divisions, that's 70 fighters, plus there'd always be a dozen plus other wellknown fighters floating around the org, thats plenty enough to put on 12 stacked main cards a year as well as leaving plenty of quality/room for younger fighters in the fight nights.

the last ufc event was stacked from prelims right through.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Are the Zuffa aiming to eventually control MMA as a sport?
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

that's what they've been trying to do since they took over the ufc, and tbh they've pretty much done it.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

More shows on saturday nights GMT in the eu are exactly what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    i thought it was me who seemed to not recognise a lot of the fighters or remember the previous fights recently. used to know detail about every fighter on a card, they're certainly expanding rapidly. but that can't be a bad thing. although i agree they shouldn't dilute it too much.

there top 10 in each division should be easily recogniseable at least, 7 divisions, that's 70 fighters, plus there'd always be a dozen plus other wellknown fighters floating around the org, thats plenty enough to put on 12 stacked main cards a year as well as leaving plenty of quality/room for younger fighters in the fight nights.

the last ufc event was stacked from prelims right through.
    Glad its not just me then, my mates used to call me Statto when it came to watching UFC events, could tell them where a fighter fought previously, who they had fought in the UFC etc, records and so on, now, I just look blankly and tell them its some new dude who has only fought behind closed doors prior to this fight.....

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Ah yes a mysterious combatant 'Hailing from parts unknown'
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'