Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Froch vs groves link

Quote Originally Posted by G4 MMA Fighters View Post
    Thanks for the link mate

Not a problem just wish the fight was allowed to carry on a little longer.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Poor refereeing and poor judging. Two of the judges had Groves winning by only 1 round. Could of gone on longer, ref could of gave a standing 8 to Groves.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

I wonder how that ref feels today. Gutted
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    I wonder how that ref feels today. Gutted
    Jimmy the ref was a fckin disgrace through the whole fight. The fact that 2 judges had it 1 round apart is even just as bad! Froch won't rematch him, he'll get beat if he does and I think George would've lasted the fight. Froch was out for a split second in the first and was in as bad a state as groves was at the stoppage in other rounds. A classic fight ruined by a dreadful ref, I still don't know how froch didn't lose any points from hitting on the break as well as other infringements. He was a desperate man who was getting beaten up and clearly losing the fight. A real shame for boxing what happened last night, yet it should've been a great advert for the sport

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

i thought it was early too. but some guy ringside apparently said Groves' eyes were totally gone, tricky

Robert Smith, British Boxing Board secretary, insisted that Foster’s decision to stop the fight was vindicated.

“Howard Foster had to make the decision in a split second, he made his call, and I back him,” Smith said yesterday. “He does not have the benefit of several replays on television or a monitor. He was six inches away from the fighters, he is looking at the fighter’s eyes, and he has the health, safety and interest of the fighter at heart.

“Howard Foster is a world-class professional. Another punch could have made a massive difference to George’s career.”
    I had always said that Groves may well be ahead in this fight but may be stopped towards the later rounds.
    'don't forget me, don't forget what i said!' - alright dude, well done

On the rematch, Froch said: “I said to Eddie if the re-match makes sense, why not. But I don’t need to have my hand forced. I’m here today, 34 fights, 32 wins, I’ve just defended against a young, hungry fighter.”
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...arl-Froch.html

i hope they do have a rematch. who cares for seeing Andre Ward pick Froch apart? not me. sod that.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Rematch with Groves then fight Ward and call it a day unless of course he wins.
    This page has had 931 visits lets get it to 1000

Groves will beat him in a rematch but it won't happen, Froch is already advising that he won't be forced in to it! . I thought Carl may give ward a decent fight if it was in front of a home crowd (which ward wont do in all fairness). After seeing the fight Saturday, the fight could be held in Frochs mums front room and he'll still be chasing shadows for 12 rounds

"I don't think that I need to fight George Groves again to prove anything," said Froch.

"He was an unbeaten, young, hungry fighter, but he had his chance and, unfortunately, he blew it.

"George Groves was on my hit-list and guess what? On my record, it says Froch v Groves – Froch TKO round 9
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă